wow- that was brutal!!!

1st half- i normally don't make big brash statements but i honestly think that is the worst united performance ive seen. certainly from what i can remember. we've taken humpings by teams but this was being outplayed, outworked, outclassed by a part time team (no disrespect to them). they wanted it more than us. we looked asif we would just turn up and get the result (when will we learn?).

2nd half- slightly better. linked up better up front and looked more dangerous but still nowhere near the standard we should be looking at. passing was still too slow and not quick enough. we did quicken it up a few times and did cause problems when we did. it took a crossbar and a decent keatings free kick to save us from even more of an embarrassment.

ratings
lewis
didnt know what happened at the goal but didnt look totally convincing. (4)
murdoch
struggled throughout and distribution was poor by his normal standards. (4)
quinn
didnt look convincing at their goal but solid enough. (5)*
Edge
people might not rate him but he is simple but effective in this divison. typical performance (5) *
robson
caught out a few times. bombed forward alot in the 2nd but not convincing. (4)
fyvie
fraser "sideways" fyvie. he loves a square pass. when he does pass forward its normally decent but not enough. (5)*
briels
i like him he gets stuck in. (more than some people) distribution wasn't great but at least he looked like he cared. (5)*
mcmullan
hardly noticed in the 1st but looked dangerous in the 2nd when he got into his rhythm. (5)
fraser
the most frustrating united player ive ever seen. has his moments where he does well but then will look like he doesnt give a F. not his day needing dropped AGAIN when will he learn (4)*
stanton
looked like he didnt want to play well against his old team. (3)
mcdonald
looked better in 2nd when he had nkoyi up with him. could have scored in the 2nd. need to start playing to his strengths and 4231 doesnt do that (5)

keatings
good to see him back hopefully see him properly now. took his goal well. (4)
nkoyi
clumsy but linked up well at times with mcdonald. could be useful (4)
king
didnt do much but showed more effort than some people who played longer in the game. (3)

* being generous

todays the first time where i have started to turn on ray. we looked amateurish throughout against a part time team. last season excuses could be made but this season with the squad hes built we should be doing much much much better. not good enough!.

its still earlier enough in the season to not be panicking but alarm bells are starting to ring. with falkirk next week we need to start showing more to prove to the fans and everyone else that we can play and win this league.

FTD