+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anybody think Raymond should stay ?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    And there's the rub. What are the chances, given our board's recent record?

phucking depressingly true.....

Yesterday was one of the most damning indictments there could be.

1. What about the “reaction” from St Mirren game? If that’s their reaction. God help us if we go on a 4/5 game winless run.

2. Dumbarton are part time. Probably train on council pitches, we train at state-of-the-art St Andrews. They train two times a week, three max. In the first half in particular they shamed the full time “pro” United players in fitness, organisation, movement, hunger. That’s a damning indictment on the players and the coaches. Performances like that render St Andrews a complete waste of money. Embarrassing.

3. Inability to score from open play is an alarm bell that must be heeded. Denial is no good. I don’t think McKinnon knows the meaning of the word “overload” must have been sick the day of that course at Largs.

4. The lack of talking on the pitch between players was deeply troubling. Communication between players is fundamental for successful football.

All in all. Someone at the club needs to grab things by the scruff and start kicking arses and setting out what is and is not acceptable. The fans are already showing what they find unnaceptable by simply deciding not to attend. As usual the club looks like it will be late to the party.

Hell mend McKinnon and hell mend the board and owners if they don’t see yesterday’s first in half in particular as a need for arses to be kicked throughout the club. From top to bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Not rubbish at all, if we change manager we definitely won't be getting promoted automatically this season imo, first of all its no guarantee we will get someone where it will work out and that will do better

Still a wee bit early for giving Ray the boot aftet 5 games but things need to improve in the next few league games or it will become inevitable, I like Ray so really hope he can get us some wins in the next run of games
    Are you allowed to use definitely and imo in the same sentence? 😉

That is like your Jackie-esque arguments over the past couple of years, namely "he definitely would have kept us up"!

I want Ray to succeed but he really needs to do something to give fans hope and belief. There is NO sign of that at the moment.

Oh for the days of CL and PH when you not only agreed with the starting 11 the majority of the time but you could also usually work out what subbies were going to be made as the game panned out.

Ray doesn't know what his best formation is (judging with his persistence for 4-2-3-1) and he certainly has no idea of his strongest 11.

I didn't go yesterday (no ST) as the young lad (has ST) preferred to play football with his mates. It would seem that a fair few ST holders and PATG regulars gave yesterday a swerve (from reading the threads on here) on the back of the guff that is being served up under Ray.

If the club haven't got the money to sack the kunt, then they need to find the money to bring someone in to help him because he is seriously out of his depth. Bring in Yogi Hughes, he would be able to motivate the players. I know he's not the best manager in the world but he usually manages to get the best out of his players. Sacking McKinnon would cost a small fortune, which we don't have. Hiring Hughes to mentor the glaykit kunt would be much more affordable.

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    If the club haven't got the money to sack the kunt, then they need to find the money to bring someone in to help him because he is seriously out of his depth. Bring in Yogi Hughes, he would be able to motivate the players. I know he's not the best manager in the world but he usually manages to get the best out of his players. Sacking McKinnon would cost a small fortune, which we don't have. Hiring Hughes to mentor the glaykit kunt would be much more affordable.
    Hughes again FFS.

The mans an imbecile. Let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Yesterday was one of the most damning indictments there could be.

1. What about the “reaction” from St Mirren game? If that’s their reaction. God help us if we go on a 4/5 game winless run.

2. Dumbarton are part time. Probably train on council pitches, we train at state-of-the-art St Andrews. They train two times a week, three max. In the first half in particular they shamed the full time “pro” United players in fitness, organisation, movement, hunger. That’s a damning indictment on the players and the coaches. Performances like that render St Andrews a complete waste of money. Embarrassing.

3. Inability to score from open play is an alarm bell that must be heeded. Denial is no good. I don’t think McKinnon knows the meaning of the word “overload” must have been sick the day of that course at Largs.

4. The lack of talking on the pitch between players was deeply troubling. Communication between players is fundamental for successful football.

All in all. Someone at the club needs to grab things by the scruff and start kicking arses and setting out what is and is not acceptable. The fans are already showing what they find unnaceptable by simply deciding not to attend. As usual the club looks like it will be late to the party.

Hell mend McKinnon and hell mend the board and owners if they don’t see yesterday’s first in half in particular as a need for arses to be kicked throughout the club. From top to bottom.
    Agree with this 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Hughes again FFS.

The mans an imbecile. Let it go.
    Agreed.

It's an easy thing to do to call Yogi an imbecible....Shree this, shree that......sounds dim.

That imbecible eclipsed anything 'Sir Craig' achieved with United and based on resources, he did better than Houstie did.

Inverness, Inverphuckingness.

Scottish Cup champions, 3rd in the league, Europe.

I'm not making a case for him, just that he's achieved more in the game than a guy most of our fans would pull the heid aff it, were he to return.

Medals on the table.

We're in a position where we've allowed a manager to cherry pick teams all around us, signed another few probably above championship level and we've scored 5 goals in 5 league games......

Potential league winners with the disparity in budgets should've put 5 goals past Brechin and Dumbarton alone.

Instead we get one paced, tippy tappy pish, lumping long balls to midgets, it's negative as phuck, at Tannadice we should be steamrolling teams, instead we're subjected to 90 minutes of chess.

I don't give a phuck who our new manager is, but I hope to buggery he understands that the ball has to move around at more than walking pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Wullie View Post
    It's an easy thing to do to call Yogi an imbecible....Shree this, shree that......sounds dim.

That imbecible eclipsed anything 'Sir Craig' achieved with United and based on resources, he did better than Houstie did.

Inverness, Inverphuckingness.

Scottish Cup champions, 3rd in the league, Europe.

I'm not making a case for him, just that he's achieved more in the game than a guy most of our fans would pull the heid aff it, were he to return.

Medals on the table.

We're in a position where we've allowed a manager to cherry pick teams all around us, signed another few probably above championship level and we've scored 5 goals in 5 league games......

Potential league winners with the disparity in budgets should've put 5 goals past Brechin and Dumbarton alone.

Instead we get one paced, tippy tappy pish, lumping long balls to midgets, it's negative as phuck, at Tannadice we should be steamrolling teams, instead we're subjected to 90 minutes of chess.

I don't give a phuck who our new manager is, but I hope to buggery he understands that the ball has to move around at more than walking pace.
    You missed out the fact he was relegated with Raith in our so called sh*tey league.

No doubt he done well with Inverness but so did Brewster

The ****s useless, we dinny get rid soon nae danger we will go up. Nothing's changed fae last year, he's oot oh his depth, we dinny go up this year wir ****ed.
    **** off McKinnon

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)