+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anybody think Raymond should stay ?

Hands up, I wasn't at the game yesterday (on the way to Cyprus) so this opinion is certainly tainted but, I am still behind Ray. It's far too early in the season to judge in my opinion, this is a new team the manager has put together and it's going to take some to get them playing.

I totally understand the frustration and can see folks viewpoint but I think it'd be totally counter productive to change management at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Hands up, I wasn't at the game yesterday (on the way to Cyprus) so this opinion is certainly tainted but, I am still behind Ray. It's far too early in the season to judge in my opinion, this is a new team the manager has put together and it's going to take some to get them playing.

I totally understand the frustration and can see folks viewpoint but I think it'd be totally counter productive to change management at this stage.
    Thats actually a fair comment about it being too early. I think many have simply lost confidence and its not this season really - the last 2 games have confirmed to many what they felt last season.

enjoy Cyprus you globe trotter you!

I am 40 for and 60 against him staying. My only niggling thing is, is that he had us top by Xmas last season, after some poor to average performances BUT could not capitalise. End of the month will hopefully clear my mind either way.

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    For the record i hope he turns it round. I genuinely like Ray and have met him as a player with big Dunc many many times - some years ago of course.

No doubt issue is at top - its a shambles. But he has got the players and is not using them effectively - again!

When i see his interviews i actually genuinely feel sad and sorry for him. They are now a tad gringeworthy.

Hearing we cant afford to get rid - if thats the case one of ST's direct reports or himself should be round his house now saying its unacceptable and what are you doing about it. I would also suggest he resigns but i am sure he wont.

Ive no issue with him not being OTT on touchline I just have an issue with his philosophy and ability to motivate. The players dont seem to know what they are supposed to do. I would make Briels captain or Quinn - they both moan like phuck and we need that.
    Hearing from who we can't afford to get rid?
    That's rubbish s71.
    I'm hearing management change is nowhere near the Club's agenda at present.
    Don't believe every sentiment you read on here, you can get a very twisted view.

Quote Originally Posted by NOSCOTCAPS View Post
    I am 40 for and 60 against him staying. My only niggling thing is, is that he had us top by Xmas last season, after some poor to average performances BUT could not capitalise. End of the month will hopefully clear my mind either way.
    End of December month NSC.

the last 3 performances were as bad as anything last season, with no evidence we will get better.

The manager seems incapable of builiding a balanced squad/team, doesnt seem to have the contacts, the main criteria for getting signed this season seems to have been that you play in scotland and were available, and the jury is out on Briels and Nkoyi, re-signed murdoch and Flood when the money on wages could have been better spent. The recruitement is not purely McKinnons fault though, the club has had no recruitment policy other than leaving managers to get on with it, appointing a director of scouting who has had 2 months at the tale end of last season to try and scout players just means you are playing catch up.

Other teams might not have as talented players but the sum of their parts makes them better teams.

We are neither tough enough to mix it physically or good enought to blow teams away. It just feels like this is inevitably building to McKinnon getting the punt, and likey just a case of can he drag it on a bit longer with a few results, or whether it will come to a head sooner.

I actually wouldnt have been so annoyed about his appointment had ST done due dilligence and explored all options available last summer, but he seemed to hold his hands up and say mistakes had been made, lessons learnt, and then jumped straight in and appointed McKinnon almost immediately without taking his time and exploring all options. Had he took his time and go the right man, we would have still finished in the play-offs with prob a better chance to get up, and been better ready to get back up this season, going up first time was always a long shot last season with the player turnover and resources available to us compared to hibs, he should have taken a longer term approach.

As it is, a lot of the better managers will look at the club in the state of flux it is and not even entertain coming to us, and ST will prob make same mistakes and appoint a diddy.

I think Laurie Ellis, Stuart Garden & Dave Bowman want him to stay. Tactical masterminds the three of them.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    Hearing from who we can't afford to get rid?
    That's rubbish s71.
    I'm hearing management change is nowhere near the Club's agenda at present.
    Don't believe every sentiment you read on here, you can get a very twisted view.
    probably

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    probably
    he should go now ***an clueless 1 up front says it all

T , you are very lucky you missed that shambles yesterday , it was that bad I couldn't even bring myself to celebrate the equaliser , after being at Paisley as well i was embarrassed leaving the ground , enjoy your holiday mate , believe me you won't be missing anything

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)