+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Does anybody think Raymond should stay ?

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Depending on results he'll be away after this game
    he should *** off now but he want ***an clueless

Can't sack him until we see what hessain about the game!

At least while hes still in charge il have more money in the bank, wouldnt even consider paying to watch a team managed by him now.

Looking at the line-up McKinnon picked today , it's almost like he wants sacked. He's had enough time , made enough excuses and dropped enough points. Time to go . He won't walk so - over to Thompson to do right thing for our club

Don't think it matters , however annoying , his line up is , it's his lack of being able to motivate players , tactics , set up and formations that's poor , it's producing mind numbing football , it's just not enjoyable to watch

I noticed the sign's with McNamara which in my opinion were all down to the chairman making public the cut from the transfer's,from that day on Jackie never gave a flying phuck about United and anyone with half a brain could see we were heading for disaster,its different with Ray the job is simply too big for him but he has lost the plot with his assertion that we expect 6-0 victories every week when in reality a 1-0 victory v Dumbarton would have sufficed.
    Lets be fair here we cannot blame the chairman for everything many on here supported Ray's appointment but he got the job on the back of getting Raith Rovers into the play offs of the Championship and its worth reminding ourselves that 40% of the teams in that league do actually qualify!.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I noticed the sign's with McNamara which in my opinion were all down to the chairman making public the cut from the transfer's,from that day on Jackie never gave a flying phuck about United and anyone with half a brain could see we were heading for disaster,its different with Ray the job is simply too big for him but he has lost the plot with his assertion that we expect 6-0 victories every week when in reality a 1-0 victory v Dumbarton would have sufficed.
    Lets be fair here we cannot blame the chairman for everything many on here supported Ray's appointment but he got the job on the back of getting Raith Rovers into the play offs of the Championship and its worth reminding ourselves that 40% of the teams in that league do actually qualify!.
    Gunboat. Good post but in reality EVRYTHING what has happened is down to the Chairman.
    He and he alone has fked our club.
    How we get out of this mess is anyones guess. But I'm fkn sickened with the mess we are in and as such did not attend todays game. I will not be at the Morton game as I have other committments.

I've no idea where our club goes from here. For me Thompson just leaving would be an improvement but FFS he has left one hell of a mess.

FK you THompson. You are one hell of a horrible person.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    This ^^^^^^

there has been a blurring of roles in football in general and McKinnon has been caught up in it. McKinnon is a coach - hes got the badges to prove it!! but he doesnt come across as a manager. Nearly all the successful clubs had a manager as the main guy rather than a coach.

I think Ray can be successful as his signings show but as you say hes out of his depth at the moment. I think we need someone above him to deal with the type of players at United. Nows not the time for us to wait and see if RM can find his feet at a higher level, he needs someone experienced to guide him on the man management front as the players arent responding to him on the park.

We need a CL type scenario where someone is the man manager and the coach is the mate on the training ground. CL turned a 5-0 drubbing against Falkirk with Brewster as the UTD coach to a home win against Rangers for no other reason than he had a manager prescence. McLean was a great coach but Ferguson was a better manager. This kind of thing. There must be loads of ex players who would have made great managers but because they dont have the badges.....

Yip,said it before maybe Tommy Mclean ?

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    Can't sack him until we see what hessain about the game!
    He's certainly taking the flax.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)