+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Verdict on Murrayfield

I like Hampden as well to be honest and if we are being selfish, it's easier for me to get to. Lots of good and bad memories of the place. Edinburgh being the capital means nothing.

I don't know if the logistics would be so good when it's a final and 60k Aberdeen and Sevco fans are going.

As Mason points out, if they demolish Hampden it'll end up funding Ibrox and Parkhead. Murrayfield will never be used as our national ground for obvious reasons.

The view from the lower tier was sh1te, the seating rake is far too shallow. There wasn't enough catering facilities available for us - I'll bet the egg chasers don't have that problem.

The traffic congestion was bad at Dundee and Queensferry with us taking 6,800 there so fvck knows how bad it would be if we ever had to go there for a semi or a final.

Its still preferable to Hampdung though.

och , it was alright ..............

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    As Mason points out, if they demolish Hampden it'll end up funding Ibrox and Parkhead. Murrayfield will never be used as our national ground for obvious reasons.
    Maybe Scotland will tour like Italy and Germany do and the The Masonic Milne Bowl will get games as part of his hun/sfa loving knobend antics

Nae that the Masonic Milne Bowl will be getting built

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    You can not possibly judge it on being less than half full. Im sure it could be rocking in the right conditions.

Its easy to get to, its kitted out well for the punters, room for fan zones outside. Whats not to like. but 24k in a 64k ground doesn't give a proper indication if Scotland playing there would be good or not
    Just what Pac says. LOL.

Atmosphere was terrible, but the location, parking, facilities, and stadium itself are miles ahead of Hamdump.

Having now been, I'm totally in favour of letting the Hamdump lease expire and attempting some sort of agreement with the drinkers of each others piss (other jolly japes are available).

A side benefit in my eyes is the breaking of the weegie stranglehold on all things fitba.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post
    The traffic congestion was bad at Dundee and Queensferry with us taking 6,800 there so fvck knows how bad it would be if we ever had to go there for a semi or a final.
    It's all about opinions, but not this one.

The Dundee jam was bizzare, it stopped after the Morrisons traffic lights, almost as if the timings had been changed, because at the top of the hill at the Shell garage, there was no queue. Regardless, this was far far worse than the Parkred jams, but can't at all reflect on Murrayfield v Hamdump because fans will travel through Dundee for both.

For the QC, it's still suffering from bridge tourists which killed us yesterday, but otherwise getting to Murrayfield is much better than getting to the celtic end/sevco end stadium imo

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Maybe Scotland will tour like Italy and Germany do and the The Masonic Milne Bowl will get games as part of his hun/sfa loving knobend antics

Nae that the Masonic Milne Bowl will be getting built
    The Masonic Milne Megadrome™️

Top tier section 8 about 10 rows from the front for me and I had a cracking view of the game (have been in various well known football stadiums in Europe with poorer further away views), the complaints about the stadium and facilities I can understand but the stadium was built and designed for a different type of supporter.

It could easily replace Hampden in the long run for the national team but as above the SFA would have to bow down to their Bigot Masters and use Sellic Park & Ibrox instead.

If they do get rid of Hampden, where would they play a cup final between the 2 cheeks? It would have to be Murrayfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    If they do get rid of Hampden, where would they play a cup final between the 2 cheeks? It would have to be Murrayfield.
    Nah they would just say Ibrox was fine

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast