+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Verdict on Murrayfield

Verdict on Murrayfield

I'm interested to hear what Dons fans thought of the venue yesterday. Does it work for football? I only saw the game on Alba. Got to say not convinced and I'm somebody who has been pushing for Scotland to use Murrayfield for years.

You can not possibly judge it on being less than half full. Im sure it could be rocking in the right conditions.

Its easy to get to, its kitted out well for the punters, room for fan zones outside. Whats not to like. but 24k in a 64k ground doesn't give a proper indication if Scotland playing there would be good or not

Was there yesterday.
    Didnt work for me as a football ground.
    Behind the goal, level G, North stand, so quiite low down.
    Everyone stood up next to me for 90 mins, couldnt see the outfield play through the goal nets.
    Dons fans made plenty of noise but it faded away. Fantastic away support, we are the best away sport in Scotland.
    Never, though I would see the the Dons play at Muarryfield, ticked that box now, but wont be back.
    Great pitch condition, but its not football stadium

Thought the stadium looked good

Only one we thing to say about the facilities for the fans they had to queue outside to get food coffees etc.

Now that brought me back in time to my 60s pittodrie days .

It's not although we live in Spain...it's northern Europe where it rains loads.just a we moan for a stadium of such quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Lairdoharthill View Post
    I'm interested to hear what Dons fans thought of the venue yesterday. Does it work for football? I only saw the game on Alba. Got to say not convinced and I'm somebody who has been pushing for Scotland to use Murrayfield for years.
    Was in upper tier block 7, about 2nd row & level with right hand post.

Plus; cracking view of the pitch

Minus. A bit far away from goals maybe.

I don't care about the apparent and alleged poor catering, or lack of, as I don't eat at football as it's invariably sh1te.

Far better than Hamdump would be if full.

How many countries have a "national stadium" or their main stadium that is not in the capital?

Easier to get to and far better than Hampden. We were three from the front and the view was poor, managed to find a couple of spaces near the middle of the lower tier where the view was good.
    As above, difficult to tell with 20 odd thousand in a stadium which holds three times that. Similar to us at Hampden v Morton last year I guess, but I did think the atmosphere yesterday was slightly better.

If there ever came a time where Scottish football was going to ditch Hampden, it wouldn't be for Murrayfield. It would be for Parkhead or Ibrox. Careful what you wish for.

Personally speaking, Hampdens my favourite ground

I was disappointed with the stadium , I thought it would be far better than it was. Catering was really poor nothing in the stand ( stick yer venison burgers up yer ar$e :-) , long walk back up stairs with an open cup.Stairs open so no great shelter from elements , disabled facilities were poor ( pitchside with no shelter) large crowd funnelling across bridge to leave. view was poor.
    I have been to Scotland games at hampden where there was 6 inches on snow on car after game but catering indoors, concourse protected from elements, disabled viewing areas under shelter at high level in stands. A lot of people love to condemn Hampden but I much prefer it to Murrayfield. Murrayfield had novelty value ,shorter drive and parking was ok but Hampden for me everytime

I was in the lower tier Block 3 up near the top of that section. Got there after a nightmare 4 hours plus drive from Aberdeen. The traffic in Dundee and from about 8 miles north of the new bridge was horrendous (I actually missed the first half).

I was a bit disappointed with the stadium. The view from behind the goals was very poor as the pitch was miles away. It was difficult to make out who was on the ball. It would be much better from the sides but all those seats were allocated to Hearts. I hate to say this but I prefer Hampden but for atmosphere for big games it would have to be Parkred.

View was poor, catering facilities poor, too far away from pitch and very congested getting back to bus parking place

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast