+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Football from below.....

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I thought that was the Heelan League min
    It's Keith in the Heelan League, and the Dons in the SPL.

Everybody else and their styles are ****ing fannies.

FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I'm afraid it's not like that at all.

They have an interest in Proper Mannies' Fitba, but I suppose the satellite global village makes them see no difference between something tangible in which I have a buy-in, and something that can be consumed via didital technology. They were nearly all at the Dons' Euro games this season, but since they're played on Thursdays, and I no longer work on Fridays, I missed out on any discussion (thank ****, I hate all that amateur expert analysis pish anyway).

I think it's the same now where kids with an interest in music just see the Stones, the Pistols and Frank Sinatra as music from the past without differentiating in any way as we did in the mid-60s and mid-70s Rock n Roll Wars.
    Mid Seventies Rock and Roll wars ? Aye, nae in Aberdeen though , eh ?

All us mminority fashion groups were all huddled together in the Star and Garter. Punks, Mods, Skins ( well, there was one !! ) hiding from the normal world out there !!

Couldn`t comment on your mid Sixties r n r wars though . Thon frunkie Sinatra fans might huv been a helluva wild , for all I know ?

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    If Kingsford is passed, I will buy a season ticket for the first season, but if the hassles of actually getting there prove to be far too much to bear, as I predict they will be, I will then pick and choose which games to attend. I'm sure it's going to be quicker to drive to Nairn or Forres to watch Keith play than to get to Westhill from Brigadon no matter what "transport strategy" is in place.
    Quicker to get to Nairn? With the new bypass, you would be in Kingsford in 10 minutes min.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234