+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAO Sarasota

FAO Sarasota

Good luck buddy with what is surely coming your way with hurricane Irma.

Just said on the news that Sarasota is going to be bang in the middle of the eye of the storm in about 10 hours.

Trust you've taken the advice and headed north. Best wishes pal to you and your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Good luck buddy with what is surely coming your way with hurricane Irma.

Just said on the news that Sarasota is going to be bang in the middle of the eye of the storm in about 10 hours.

Trust you've taken the advice and headed north. Best wishes pal to you and your family.
    My Mum is in Saratosa on holiday and staying with her fellas in laws. They have stayed in Saratosa and bordered up the house a few miles off the coast. To say I'm worried is a understatement. Contact has been lost for a few hrs now and I don't expect to hear from then for at least a few days. Worrying times at mo

Quote Originally Posted by ThryberghMILLER23 View Post
    My Mum is in Saratosa on holiday and staying with her fellas in laws. They have stayed in Saratosa and bordered up the house a few miles off the coast. To say I'm worried is a understatement. Contact has been lost for a few hrs now and I don't expect to hear from then for at least a few days. Worrying times at mo
    Bloody hell mate, why on earth didn't they leave? Hope they have a basement
    Let's hope it calms a bit before hand

Good luck to all

I don't know if they have a basement. I think they had no idea where to go!!, All they got was a letter through their hotel room door saying you must evacuate. They have no clue where to evacuate or where to go, So my guess is they thought staying with family was the best option. Id rather they had found shelter more inland

Hope everything works out ok Thryberghmiller.

Thanks Brin, that's very nice of you fella.

Thrybergh, if your Mum is called Sue she is safe and well and staying with us. They were evacuated from Siesta Key and the whole gang are here, along with some other friends that live on the Key. Our house is modern and built to withstand Cat 5 storms so dont worry. We have tons of supplies including the most essential stuff like beer wine and spirits. We may lose power so your Mum may lose contact with you but she will be very safe. Their flight back from Tampa will be delayed, but not for too long I hope as they are drinking us dry ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post

Thrybergh, if your Mum is called Sue she is safe and well and staying with us. They were evacuated from Siesta Key and the whole gang are here, along with some other friends that live on the Key. Our house is modern and built to withstand Cat 5 storms so dont worry. We have tons of supplies including the most essential stuff like beer wine and spirits. We may lose power so your Mum may lose contact with you but she will be very safe. Their flight back from Tampa will be delayed, but not for too long I hope as they are drinking us dry ;-)
    That's my mum hope you have plenty of wine. Have not herd from Cat for a bit so was getting worried. Stay safe Finley and Lily send there love. Tell her not to take too long to get back as we need a Friday night baby sitter soon !! Lol

Sota, you are a gentleman, a scholar and more importantly a true yorkshireman.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post

You're than welcome Fella.

Good to hear your home is up to modern standards.

Trust everyone within your household stay safe 👍

Good to hear all is well Sota and you sound well prepared. Good luck!

PS Not sure the beer mats are hurricane proof so watch out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast