+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Joselu

Joselu

Looking a bit of a bargain for what we paid.Superb header that brought a fantastic save from Fabianski.
    He is a hard worker that leads the line well,he needs a better number ten behind him or another striker with him.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    Looking a bit of a bargain for what we paid.Superb header that brought a fantastic save from Fabianski.
    He is a hard worker that leads the line well,he needs a better number ten behind him or another striker with him.
    He's a quality player, not flashy or wild. He does his job, plays for the team, brings his team mates into the game, holds the ball up well and doesn't have a stupid ego.

Great purchase and a great win yesterday - completely not NUFC style. Compact, controlled, measured, difficult to break down, committed, dogged and determined.

Long may it continue!

I'm just surprised nobody else on the board has mentioned the skill he used to twist and direct his header to the bottom corner of the goal,it was going in all the way,many a keeper would not have got to it.
    That was the point where I thought that Joselu is not just an average grafter but has quality as well.

Yes and the moaners are devastated because they´ve lost a few 'stones' (our recent signings) to throw at Ashley and the club.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Yes and the moaners are devastated because they´ve lost a few 'stones' (our recent signings) to throw at Ashley and the club.
    I wasn't happy with our lack of transfer activity & the boards ambition, still not, Lucas Perez should have been signed straight away and made to feel important. With him on board alongside Joselu the toon army would have been a lot more satisfied!

Sadly, it was not to be, so we are where we are & have who we have.

Once again it's testiment to the ability and charater of Rafa the Gaffer for planning and training this team to perform better than the sum of it's parts.

SBR-esque in his ability, in rafa we trust!

Josalwho is every thing the other two strikers arent
    when people keep harping on about mitro just look at this player .

He allows us to play in rafas negative way as when the ball goes uop to him it sticks and he makes their back 4 work and he closes down and he can header a ball
    my only concern with him is his goal scoring record

his work rate is top drawer

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    I wasn't happy with our lack of transfer activity & the boards ambition, still not, Lucas Perez should have been signed straight away and made to feel important. With him on board alongside Joselu the toon army would have been a lot more satisfied!

Once again it's testiment to the ability and charater of Rafa the Gaffer for planning and training this team to perform better than the sum of it's parts.

Perez only wanted to go back to his old club in Spain,you can't hold a gun to a players head and force him to join you.
    Lots of clubs missed out on their targets.
    Of course if you are in the Champions League and double a players wages,then the £50 million you offer for a right back
    who had lost his place to Trippier will come off.

Joselu had a very very good game.
    A striker that actually looks the part.
    Basically an all rounder and deserved to top his performance off with that goal that was somehow miraculously saved.
    I would have bet my house on that going in. It was brilliant the way he got into get up and direct it.

If he had more pace about him he'd be perfect...but I'm more than happy with what he's contributed for us so far.
    Just some deserved end product would top it off.

5 million looks a total steal for this fella and could end up being a potential fans favourite.
    Fingers crossed he gets the opportunity regularly and takes it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post

Neither was I but if we had signed Perez and, say Barkley or Cairney and they had put in performances like Joselu and Merino respectively over the last two games, would our opinion of our transfer window be any different?

I´m not getting carried away because if we had bought a good LB and maybe a goalie, then I´d be a lot happier. However, it´s worth thinking about - it doesn´t matter what the players´name/reputation is that matters, it´s how they perform in our team, and attitude is far the most important attribute for our players for where we are now.

Good on Rafa and good on Mbemba and Gamez for doing admirable jobs in filling that hole for now.

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    Josalwho is every thing the other two strikers arent
    when people keep harping on about mitro just look at this player .

He allows us to play in rafas negative way as when the ball goes uop to him it sticks and he makes their back 4 work and he closes down and he can header a ball
    my only concern with him is his goal scoring record

his work rate is top drawer
    Whilst i dislike the way you've phrased this your point is bang on.

He fits Rafa's style perfectly and as you said his work rate is brilliant, which is what we need in our striker.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)