+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who claims Rafa's style is negative

Who claims Rafa's style is negative

Since the start of last season, no side in the top four tiers of English football has won more away league games than Newcastle (15, level with Chelsea and Exeter).

Newcastle, meanwhile, have fired in 13 shots on target in away Premier League games, with only league leaders Manchester United (16) having more so far this campaign.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41139095

I couldnīt care less if we are defensive ('negative' is the wrong word) away from home. We are a newly promoted club and survival is everything this season. I would accept a point away before any game this season.

we have a team ethic and a gameplan.

if we stick to it and have a little self belief, we can make up for some of our squads weaknesses. (we need to remember, every team has weaknesses, we just need to expose theirs more often than they expose ours)

I'm not expecting to beat the top 5 or even to challenge the top 7.

but I expect us to give it a go, in EVERY game.

Must say that Rafa has frustrated me at times by playing his set regimen constantly, especially at home games. Far be it from me to tell him how to do it but at times I'd like to see the shackles come off a bit to see just how dominant we can be. Having said that, I guess you can't argue with the success he has had at moulding the team especially with the little help he has had from Fat Arse !

Rafa is class. World class.

Just look at his record

Everyone wh went to watch them last season
    negative footy and results are two different things

you can win being positive and attacking and entertaining just like kk

but you can also grind out boring 1-0 wins

i know what i would prefer to watch

negative footy has nothing to do with results its the way in which you play

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    Everyone wh went to watch them last season
    negative footy and results are two different things

you can win being positive and attacking and entertaining just like kk

but you can also grind out boring 1-0 wins

i know what i would prefer to watch

negative footy has nothing to do with results its the way in which you play
    So are these facts negative then.

Since the start of last season, no side in the top four tiers of English football has won more away league games than Newcastle (15, level with Chelsea and Exeter).

Newcastle, meanwhile, have fired in 13 shots on target in away Premier League games, with only league leaders Manchester United (16) having more so far this campaign.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41139095

I loved every minute of the KK era.... but he got slated for being naive and tactically inept when we failed to defend.

Now Rafa is too negative?

I'm going to get back to ignoring the pundits and the "experts" and get back to enjoying my football.

Look! Rafa's style can be negative when it shouldn't be...especially at home.
    That doesn't mean he's a bad manager for being like that, obviously.
    He has his ways to win games or get something from a game.
    However, there's times when he was negative (Huddersfield) when we could have took the game to them and got something.

I'm loving the results at the minute and against West Ham he showed an attacking mentality with a more balanced set up.
    I just think he's asking too much of the backline for too much of a fair few matches.
    The thing is, we get away with some but pay the penalty for others.

I'm happy enough to be fair, although I'd like to see a bit more attacking flair.
    Am I asking for too much?

For me negative football is time wasting, committing professional fouls, diving, etc. Everyone likes to see defence splitting passes, players tearing down the wings and goals galore but good defensive displays (while less interesting to watch) are a tactic and skill in themselves. A defensive display is not necessarily negative and not being defensivley minded when starting the game at, e.g., Old Trafford might not be the wisest strategy.
    IMO we should play more attacking at home (it works as shown vs WHU) but away is a different story. Get safe, build the squad and worry about attacking more next season.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)