shopify analytics
+ Visit Dundee United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 132

Thread: Arabtrust - actions speak louder than words

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dundee
    Posts
    17,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired Arab View Post
    For someone only too swift to have a pop at fellow Arabs it's obvious you didn't even bother to read opening link

    https://stv.tv/sport/football/135187...ed-fans-group/

    If you have read it then you wouldn't have responded with more FAKE NEWS but of course you're just stirring. So so sad. Never ever thought I'd be so ashamed of fellow Arabs but hey ho I'm sure you've a few mates like the Tangerine & Black bearer of the Butchers Apron to support your silly extremist views
    Ha ha what fake news is that Mike? Extremist views lol because i dont think AT are doing enough for the club itself, not youth or charity works, you guys do a great job there but being a shareholder your all quite happy to sit back and take the saturday hospo packages, nothing extremist about that is there ha ha

    P.S How did you get on with your membership for the United ladies? did you get in eventually?

    edit to say: yer links no working
    Last edited by offshore_arab83; 12-09-2017 at 09:23 AM.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dundee
    Posts
    17,599
    Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Clearly there is much more to the organisation than that, a quick look at their website will tell you that.
    Is there? thats funny i cant see anything else apart from raising money for youth and charities which we've already discussed?

  3. #43
    You never hear anything from arabtrust anymore. 3 or 4 years ago they would regularly post their opinions on their Facebook page but they never really comment anymore. Ok they might do some good fundraising work but would still like to hear their opinions.

    Probably just another sign of the general malaise and staleness regarding everything United right now .

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dundee
    Posts
    17,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannadicebunnet View Post
    You never hear anything from arabtrust anymore. 3 or 4 years ago they would regularly post their opinions on their Facebook page but they never really comment anymore. Ok they might do some good fundraising work but would still like to hear their opinions.

    Probably just another sign of the general malaise and staleness regarding everything United right now .
    I had a lot of time for AT, i respect all the work they do for youth and charity work, and i can say that hand on heart, but i dont feel they do enough for the running of the club when many of their members have major concerns, from the outside looking in they have their associate director on the board and are the 3rd largest shareholder but they have zero pull or influence on the club, which is sad considering they supposedly represent their members . To have shares and a say in the running of the club, a UFC statement thats not being upheld today.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valencia Spain
    Posts
    9,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired Arab View Post
    Just for you Stoke, to put a smile on your face, I can honesty confirm now that to the best of my knowledge ArabTRUST have encouraged at least one capable person to join the DUFC Board and continue to liaise with ST and other Directors on a weekly basis to achieve change. Now for goodness sake shut yer moaning pus!
    Thanks Retired. We got there in the end.
    So with this Director now working on a weekly basis to achieve change would you say we are any closer to seeing a change of majority shareholder? ie ST

    And I'll shut my moaning puss when the club show me that we're heading in the right direction again 😅

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Tannadicebunnet View Post
    You never hear anything from arabtrust anymore. 3 or 4 years ago they would regularly post their opinions on their Facebook page but they never really comment anymore. Ok they might do some good fundraising work but would still like to hear their opinions.

    Probably just another sign of the general malaise and staleness regarding everything United right now .
    IMO ArabTRUST do best when they quietly go about their business, as they are back doing so now. 3-4 years ago there were a couple of right mouthy kunts involved, 'look at me' types who thought they were the bees knees thankfully they are not involved now.

    Not surprising though that the only people being critical of ArabTRUST are those who have nothing to do with ArabTRUST.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valencia Spain
    Posts
    9,268
    Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    IMO ArabTRUST do best when they quietly go about their business, as they are back doing so now. 3-4 years ago there were a couple of right mouthy kunts involved, 'look at me' types who thought they were the bees knees thankfully they are not involved now.

    Not surprising though that the only people being critical of ArabTRUST are those who have nothing to do with ArabTRUST.
    If it's only turkey's voting you know Christmas is gonna get cancelled.
    Your last para...

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    If it's only turkey's voting you know Christmas is gonna get cancelled.
    Your last para...

    Ya think? I thought there was a lot more to Christmas than just turkeys

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valencia Spain
    Posts
    9,268
    Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    Ya think? I thought there was a lot more to Christmas than just turkeys
    Well was just meaning that AT are not going to start a thread criticising themselves are they? I don't see why non paid up members can't ask questions and get replies. It's healthy surely.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Well was just meaning that AT are not going to start a thread criticising themselves are they? I don't see why non paid up members can't ask questions and get replies. It's healthy surely.
    FFS it cost £15 a year to join, so if yir not willing to part with that paltry sum why the phukk should you get a say? Name me one other organisation with a paid up membership that allows non members to have a say in the running of its organisation. Eat an apple if you want to be healthy

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valencia Spain
    Posts
    9,268
    Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    FFS it cost £15 a year to join, so if yir not willing to part with that paltry sum why the phukk should you get a say? Name me one other organisation with a paid up membership that allows non members to have a say in the running of its organisation. Eat an apple if you want to be healthy
    That's exactly the type of arrogant self serving attitude I've come to expect from AT.
    What I'm trying to say on this thread is that AT should be at THE FRONT of action for change. They should be LEADING it. And in view of the danger we face they shouldn't be slow to keep the wider non member fans informed.

    You guys really bristle at this type of question, maybe because it makes you feel uncomfortable.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valencia Spain
    Posts
    9,268
    Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    FFS it cost £15 a year to join, so if yir not willing to part with that paltry sum why the phukk should you get a say? Name me one other organisation with a paid up membership that allows non members to have a say in the running of its organisation. Eat an apple if you want to be healthy
    P.s. just to add I'm not looking for a say.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dundee
    Posts
    17,599
    Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    FFS it cost £15 a year to join, so if yir not willing to part with that paltry sum why the phukk should you get a say? Name me one other organisation with a paid up membership that allows non members to have a say in the running of its organisation. Eat an apple if you want to be healthy
    wow what a reply!!! who says anyone wants a say, some people want to know what a majority shareholder that represents 'fans' is actually doing without having to pay £15

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Dundee
    Posts
    17,599
    Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    That's exactly the type of arrogant self serving attitude I've come to expect from AT.
    What I'm trying to say on this thread is that AT should be at THE FRONT of action for change. They should be LEADING it. And in view of the danger we face they shouldn't be slow to keep the wider non member fans informed.

    You guys really bristle at this type of question, maybe because it makes you feel uncomfortable.
    Good post

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    What I'm trying to say on this thread is that AT should be at THE FRONT of action for change. They should be LEADING it. And in view of the danger we face they shouldn't be slow to keep the wider non member fans informed.
    As per my earlier contributions, surely then you and anyone who feels the same strongly enough should join and try to change their direction?

    Try to force a Trust EGM, get elected on your platform.

    Itís all doable. Surely a greater use of time and effort on trying to change them than complain about the actions of a board elected by its members? No?

    Iím a broken record I know: Be the change you want to see.

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Valencia Spain
    Posts
    9,268
    Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    As per my earlier contributions, surely then you and anyone who feels the same strongly enough should join and try to change their direction?

    Try to force a Trust EGM, get elected on your platform.

    Itís all doable. Surely a greater use of time and effort on trying to change them than complain about the actions of a board elected by its members? No?

    Iím a broken record I know: Be the change you want to see.
    I hear what you're saying and if I lived in the area I would definitely want to get involved.
    But on the wider issue there's no harm in voicing an opinion on a message board in the hope of prompting some openness.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I hear what you're saying and if I lived in the area I would definitely want to get involved.
    But on the wider issue there's no harm in voicing an opinion on a message board in the hope of prompting some openness.
    If you were a member of the trust (still open to you abroad of course) you'd be much better informed about their actions.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I hear what you're saying and if I lived in the area I would definitely want to get involved.
    But on the wider issue there's no harm in voicing an opinion on a message board in the hope of prompting some openness.
    Absolutely, Stoke. Nothing wrong with that.

    I suppose my point can be summed up in the title you chose for this thread ďactions speak louder than wordsĒ. It doesnít need to stop at simply prompting openness. Your and many otherís desires for the Trust can be achieved.

    Even though you live away you can still have an influence. You can still vote on things.

    All it takes is to get enough trust members to force an EGM to propose a vote of no confidence in the current board and force elections.

    Could you put together enough members/potential new members to force an EGM and stand on your platform in order to put through the change you want?

    That to me seems your best route to get the Trust to be more in line with what you believe.

  19. #59

    Angry

    Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    FFS it cost £15 a year to join, so if yir not willing to part with that paltry sum why the phukk should you get a say? Name me one other organisation with a paid up membership that allows non members to have a say in the running of its organisation. Eat an apple if you want to be healthy
    The phukking Masons ya phukking pryck. Wow!

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Is there? thats funny i cant see anything else apart from raising money for youth and charities which we've already discussed?
    We don't agree on much but I'm with you here. They're all to willing to taken the plaudits with that stuff (as well they should, they do a great job there by all accounts) but they don't take any criticism well at all.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •