+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Arabtrust - actions speak louder than words

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    If it goes tits up we will not have any youth teams. We will not have a club. Fullstop.
    Thompson is a clear and present danger to the future of the club we love and underestimating this could be fatal.
    Arabtrust should be instrumental in Change.
    They came into being as The Fans Voice On The Board and now they hide behind youth fundraising while watching the club disintegrate.
    So is it reasonable to ask what are they doing about the survival of our club?
    They're smug, they're arrogant, they think a reply on a messageboard or a public statement to non members is beneath them and I despise them for their silence.
    I hope the new ownership when it comes sees them for what they are.
    Actions may well speak louder than words but the pen is mightier than the sword

This is such a sad and disturbing post. There are two key points that always seem to escape critics of the trust.

Firstly the FedDUSC and ArabTRUST were and both still are very concerned about governance at Tannadice and issued joint statements. This ceased suddenly when Fed decided to take an alternative approach because ArabTRUST would not withdraw the Associate Director role. A decision trust members were firmly not in favour of. Despite this disrespectful stance the Trust have always kept dialogue open but this has been regularly rejected by Fed. In addition two groups have been formed, Fans Utd and DU Supporters Foundation. Neither have been supportive of ArabTRUST objectives namely Youth Development and community initiatives e.g. Utd for Kids. This negativity is unhealthy and suits ST and Utd Board. A simple Divide & Rule strategy.

Secondly, if you or any other Arabs are really concerned about ArabTRUST then why not just join, argue your case and we all accept democratic process? UNITY IS STRENGH. Unlike Fed the ArabTRUST welcome a range of opinions.

Hi Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Arab View Post
    This is such a sad and disturbing post. There are two key points that always seem to escape critics of the trust.

Firstly the FedDUSC and ArabTRUST were and both still are very concerned about governance at Tannadice and issued joint statements. This ceased suddenly when Fed decided to take an alternative approach because ArabTRUST would not withdraw the Associate Director role. A decision trust members were firmly not in favour of. Despite this disrespectful stance the Trust have always kept dialogue open but this has been regularly rejected by Fed. In addition two groups have been formed, Fans Utd and DU Supporters Foundation. Neither have been supportive of ArabTRUST objectives namely Youth Development and community initiatives e.g. Utd for Kids. This negativity is unhealthy and suits ST and Utd Board. A simple Divide & Rule strategy.

Secondly, if you or any other Arabs are really concerned about ArabTRUST then why not just join, argue your case and we all accept democratic process? UNITY IS STRENGH. Unlike Fed the ArabTRUST welcome a range of opinions.
    It's your last post that's sad and disturbing!

You deflect from the question by playing the old chestnut "pay us and we might tell you" card. Did you not read my part about Eddie wanting AT to represent ALL fans? It's hardly surprising you get flak when you seek to remain a wee elite private club.

Also you deflect by trying to involve other fan groups. This has nothing to do with other groups, nothing at all.
    It was a simple question which you failed to answer, so I'll ask it again

Since Gavin Muirs interview 4 games before we were relegated what has Arabtrust done to further the aims of change in the Boardroom. Is that too hard to answer?

I kind of think this is aiming anger at the wrong target.

Plus all this argument is wasting energy. It’s not a difficult task for fans that want the Trust or any of the fans groups to adopt a different strategy to make them do just that.

If enough joined and forced an EGM to elect a new board tasked with new aims then voila.

So that’s my tuppenceworth. I see all this tribal stuff as a waste of energy.

Be the change you want to see.

And you’re hardly likely to win the support of those leading the groups by slagging them off. Hearts and minds and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Hi Mike
    Hiya

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    I kind of think this is aiming anger at the wrong target.

Plus all this argument is wasting energy. It’s not a difficult task for fans that want the Trust or any of the fans groups to adopt a different strategy to make them do just that.

If enough joined and forced an EGM to elect a new board tasked with new aims then voila.

So that’s my tuppenceworth. I see all this tribal stuff as a waste of energy.

Be the change you want to see.

And you’re hardly likely to win the support of those leading the groups by slagging them off. Hearts and minds and all that.
    Frank I like your posts on here but a little confused with that. Do you mean EGM for DUFC because ST has 51% IIRC so don't think that's a runner.
    If you mean and EGM for AT what good would that do?

As to wasting energy I'm only wasting the energy of typing out the question "what is our Fans Representation on the Board actually doing to further the aim stated in the Gavin Muir interview"

If AT truly had the best interests of Dundee United at heart they should be following up on their words. For example - have THEY helped in the search for a new majority shareholder? If not, why not. etc etc

Hiding behind anonymity while the very existence of club is at risk is a dereliction of their duty.

Frank I like your posts on here but a little confused with that. Do you mean EGM for DUFC because ST has 51% IIRC so don't think that's a runner.
    If you mean and EGM for AT what good would that do?

As to wasting energy I'm only wasting the energy of typing out the question "what is our Fans Representation on the Board actually doing to further the aim stated in the Gavin Muir interview"

If AT truly had the best interests of Dundee United at heart they should be following up on their words. For example - have THEY helped in the search for a new majority shareholder? If not, why not. etc etc

Hiding behind anonymity while the very existence of club is at risk is a dereliction of their duty.
    EGM for fan groups.

Then install boards and committees that are more in line with whatever your aims are.

It’s not a difficult process to change the direction of these groups and elect new boards. Just needs people interested enough in changing the directions of the Trust etc to put themselves forward.

That’s a lot easier than hoping that those in control will all of a sudden change to be in line with whatever aims critics have.

So my point is that these groups can be changed if people use the routes like an EGM.

Surely that’s more useful to those who want groups like the Trust to get more vocal?

Be the change you want to see and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    they make badges stoke
    A lot of different tradesmen and women involved with ArabTRUST but yet to meet a tinsmith.

It's your last post that's sad and disturbing!

You deflect from the question by playing the old chestnut "pay us and we might tell you" card. Did you not read my part about Eddie wanting AT to represent ALL fans? It's hardly surprising you get flak when you seek to remain a wee elite private club.

Also you deflect by trying to involve other fan groups. This has nothing to do with other groups, nothing at all.
    It was a simple question which you failed to answer, so I'll ask it again

Since Gavin Muirs interview 4 games before we were relegated what has Arabtrust done to further the aims of change in the Boardroom. Is that too hard to answer?
    They've done a considerable amount and certainly not enough time or space to post all details here but you're more than welcome to meet over a pint anywhere and discuss rationally like an adult.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)