+ Visit Dundee United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Arabtrust - actions speak louder than words

Arabtrust - actions speak louder than words

https://stv.tv/sport/football/135187...ed-fans-group/

Thompson goes quiet
    Arabtrust go quiet

Any comment for the non Arabtrust paid up supporting fans?
    Ironic that Arabtrust came in on the back of UFC and now they fail to even mention change. Or anything.
    I don't care how much money they raise for our youth set up, spare me that ffs, what are they DOING to get rid of the cancer that is killing our club?

They're quite happy to sit back and pretend everything is fine and well

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    They're quite happy to sit back and pretend everything is fine and well
    I don't think they will be OA, I think they will be just as concerned as the rest of us. Best if they continue to focus on what they are good at, coz if this goes tits up then all we will have left is the youth teams

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    I don't think they will be OA, I think they will be just as concerned as the rest of us. Best if they continue to focus on what they are good at, coz if this goes tits up then all we will have left is the youth teams
    If it goes tits up we will not have any youth teams. We will not have a club. Fullstop.
    Thompson is a clear and present danger to the future of the club we love and underestimating this could be fatal.
    Arabtrust should be instrumental in Change.
    They came into being as The Fans Voice On The Board and now they hide behind youth fundraising while watching the club disintegrate.
    So is it reasonable to ask what are they doing about the survival of our club?
    They're smug, they're arrogant, they think a reply on a messageboard or a public statement to non members is beneath them and I despise them for their silence.
    I hope the new ownership when it comes sees them for what they are.

Really? You're spreading fake news again.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Arab View Post
    Really? You're spreading fake news again.
    Really? I think you're spreading fake news again. Evidence?

youve just quoted yourself so we have no idea who your replying to but assuming your part of AT so welcome aboard, be good to hear whats happening on your side

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    we'll have badges

I presume this was for me. It's not fake news, how can it be, it's just the opinion of an individual.
    Gavin Muir gave that interview 4 games before we were relegated.
    So assuming you have a connection of some sort to AT, can you tell us what AT has done since then to further their aim stated in the interview - the bit about change in the Boardroom?
    Eddie Thompson didn't want a fans representation on the board to become a smug elitist club as it appears you (they) have become. He would have wanted open communications to all fans not just paid up AT members.
    So tell us all what AT are doing to foster change at Boardroom level?

they make badges stoke

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    If it goes tits up we will not have any youth teams. We will not have a club. Fullstop.
    Thompson is a clear and present danger to the future of the club we love and underestimating this could be fatal.
    Arabtrust should be instrumental in Change.
    They came into being as The Fans Voice On The Board and now they hide behind youth fundraising while watching the club disintegrate.
    So is it reasonable to ask what are they doing about the survival of our club?
    They're smug, they're arrogant, they think a reply on a messageboard or a public statement to non members is beneath them and I despise them for their silence.
    I hope the new ownership when it comes sees them for what they are.
    Actions may well speak louder than words but the pen is mightier than the sword

This is such a sad and disturbing post. There are two key points that always seem to escape critics of the trust.

Firstly the FedDUSC and ArabTRUST were and both still are very concerned about governance at Tannadice and issued joint statements. This ceased suddenly when Fed decided to take an alternative approach because ArabTRUST would not withdraw the Associate Director role. A decision trust members were firmly not in favour of. Despite this disrespectful stance the Trust have always kept dialogue open but this has been regularly rejected by Fed. In addition two groups have been formed, Fans Utd and DU Supporters Foundation. Neither have been supportive of ArabTRUST objectives namely Youth Development and community initiatives e.g. Utd for Kids. This negativity is unhealthy and suits ST and Utd Board. A simple Divide & Rule strategy.

Secondly, if you or any other Arabs are really concerned about ArabTRUST then why not just join, argue your case and we all accept democratic process? UNITY IS STRENGH. Unlike Fed the ArabTRUST welcome a range of opinions.

Hi Mike

This is such a sad and disturbing post. There are two key points that always seem to escape critics of the trust.

Firstly the FedDUSC and ArabTRUST were and both still are very concerned about governance at Tannadice and issued joint statements. This ceased suddenly when Fed decided to take an alternative approach because ArabTRUST would not withdraw the Associate Director role. A decision trust members were firmly not in favour of. Despite this disrespectful stance the Trust have always kept dialogue open but this has been regularly rejected by Fed. In addition two groups have been formed, Fans Utd and DU Supporters Foundation. Neither have been supportive of ArabTRUST objectives namely Youth Development and community initiatives e.g. Utd for Kids. This negativity is unhealthy and suits ST and Utd Board. A simple Divide & Rule strategy.

Secondly, if you or any other Arabs are really concerned about ArabTRUST then why not just join, argue your case and we all accept democratic process? UNITY IS STRENGH. Unlike Fed the ArabTRUST welcome a range of opinions.
    It's your last post that's sad and disturbing!

You deflect from the question by playing the old chestnut "pay us and we might tell you" card. Did you not read my part about Eddie wanting AT to represent ALL fans? It's hardly surprising you get flak when you seek to remain a wee elite private club.

Also you deflect by trying to involve other fan groups. This has nothing to do with other groups, nothing at all.
    It was a simple question which you failed to answer, so I'll ask it again

Since Gavin Muirs interview 4 games before we were relegated what has Arabtrust done to further the aims of change in the Boardroom. Is that too hard to answer?

I kind of think this is aiming anger at the wrong target.

Plus all this argument is wasting energy. Itís not a difficult task for fans that want the Trust or any of the fans groups to adopt a different strategy to make them do just that.

If enough joined and forced an EGM to elect a new board tasked with new aims then voila.

So thatís my tuppenceworth. I see all this tribal stuff as a waste of energy.

Be the change you want to see.

And youíre hardly likely to win the support of those leading the groups by slagging them off. Hearts and minds and all that.

Hi Mike
    Hiya

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    I kind of think this is aiming anger at the wrong target.

Plus all this argument is wasting energy. Itís not a difficult task for fans that want the Trust or any of the fans groups to adopt a different strategy to make them do just that.

If enough joined and forced an EGM to elect a new board tasked with new aims then voila.

So thatís my tuppenceworth. I see all this tribal stuff as a waste of energy.

Be the change you want to see.

And youíre hardly likely to win the support of those leading the groups by slagging them off. Hearts and minds and all that.
    Frank I like your posts on here but a little confused with that. Do you mean EGM for DUFC because ST has 51% IIRC so don't think that's a runner.
    If you mean and EGM for AT what good would that do?

As to wasting energy I'm only wasting the energy of typing out the question "what is our Fans Representation on the Board actually doing to further the aim stated in the Gavin Muir interview"

If AT truly had the best interests of Dundee United at heart they should be following up on their words. For example - have THEY helped in the search for a new majority shareholder? If not, why not. etc etc

Hiding behind anonymity while the very existence of club is at risk is a dereliction of their duty.

Frank I like your posts on here but a little confused with that. Do you mean EGM for DUFC because ST has 51% IIRC so don't think that's a runner.
    If you mean and EGM for AT what good would that do?

As to wasting energy I'm only wasting the energy of typing out the question "what is our Fans Representation on the Board actually doing to further the aim stated in the Gavin Muir interview"

If AT truly had the best interests of Dundee United at heart they should be following up on their words. For example - have THEY helped in the search for a new majority shareholder? If not, why not. etc etc

Hiding behind anonymity while the very existence of club is at risk is a dereliction of their duty.
    EGM for fan groups.

Then install boards and committees that are more in line with whatever your aims are.

Itís not a difficult process to change the direction of these groups and elect new boards. Just needs people interested enough in changing the directions of the Trust etc to put themselves forward.

Thatís a lot easier than hoping that those in control will all of a sudden change to be in line with whatever aims critics have.

So my point is that these groups can be changed if people use the routes like an EGM.

Surely thatís more useful to those who want groups like the Trust to get more vocal?

Be the change you want to see and all that.

they make badges stoke
    A lot of different tradesmen and women involved with ArabTRUST but yet to meet a tinsmith.

It's your last post that's sad and disturbing!

You deflect from the question by playing the old chestnut "pay us and we might tell you" card. Did you not read my part about Eddie wanting AT to represent ALL fans? It's hardly surprising you get flak when you seek to remain a wee elite private club.

Also you deflect by trying to involve other fan groups. This has nothing to do with other groups, nothing at all.
    It was a simple question which you failed to answer, so I'll ask it again

Since Gavin Muirs interview 4 games before we were relegated what has Arabtrust done to further the aims of change in the Boardroom. Is that too hard to answer?
    They've done a considerable amount and certainly not enough time or space to post all details here but you're more than welcome to meet over a pint anywhere and discuss rationally like an adult.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast