+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Arabtrust - actions speak louder than words

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    FFS it cost £15 a year to join, so if yir not willing to part with that paltry sum why the phukk should you get a say? Name me one other organisation with a paid up membership that allows non members to have a say in the running of its organisation. Eat an apple if you want to be healthy
    That's exactly the type of arrogant self serving attitude I've come to expect from AT.
    What I'm trying to say on this thread is that AT should be at THE FRONT of action for change. They should be LEADING it. And in view of the danger we face they shouldn't be slow to keep the wider non member fans informed.

You guys really bristle at this type of question, maybe because it makes you feel uncomfortable.

FFS it cost £15 a year to join, so if yir not willing to part with that paltry sum why the phukk should you get a say? Name me one other organisation with a paid up membership that allows non members to have a say in the running of its organisation. Eat an apple if you want to be healthy
    P.s. just to add I'm not looking for a say.

wow what a reply!!! who says anyone wants a say, some people want to know what a majority shareholder that represents 'fans' is actually doing without having to pay £15

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    That's exactly the type of arrogant self serving attitude I've come to expect from AT.
    What I'm trying to say on this thread is that AT should be at THE FRONT of action for change. They should be LEADING it. And in view of the danger we face they shouldn't be slow to keep the wider non member fans informed.

You guys really bristle at this type of question, maybe because it makes you feel uncomfortable.
    Good post

As per my earlier contributions, surely then you and anyone who feels the same strongly enough should join and try to change their direction?

Try to force a Trust EGM, get elected on your platform.

It’s all doable. Surely a greater use of time and effort on trying to change them than complain about the actions of a board elected by its members? No?

I’m a broken record I know: Be the change you want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    As per my earlier contributions, surely then you and anyone who feels the same strongly enough should join and try to change their direction?

Try to force a Trust EGM, get elected on your platform.

It’s all doable. Surely a greater use of time and effort on trying to change them than complain about the actions of a board elected by its members? No?

I’m a broken record I know: Be the change you want to see.
    I hear what you're saying and if I lived in the area I would definitely want to get involved.
    But on the wider issue there's no harm in voicing an opinion on a message board in the hope of prompting some openness.

I hear what you're saying and if I lived in the area I would definitely want to get involved.
    But on the wider issue there's no harm in voicing an opinion on a message board in the hope of prompting some openness.
    If you were a member of the trust (still open to you abroad of course) you'd be much better informed about their actions.

Absolutely, Stoke. Nothing wrong with that.

I suppose my point can be summed up in the title you chose for this thread “actions speak louder than words”. It doesn’t need to stop at simply prompting openness. Your and many other’s desires for the Trust can be achieved.

Even though you live away you can still have an influence. You can still vote on things.

All it takes is to get enough trust members to force an EGM to propose a vote of no confidence in the current board and force elections.

Could you put together enough members/potential new members to force an EGM and stand on your platform in order to put through the change you want?

That to me seems your best route to get the Trust to be more in line with what you believe.

Angry

The phukking Masons ya phukking pryck. Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Is there? thats funny i cant see anything else apart from raising money for youth and charities which we've already discussed?
    We don't agree on much but I'm with you here. They're all to willing to taken the plaudits with that stuff (as well they should, they do a great job there by all accounts) but they don't take any criticism well at all.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)