+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Arabtrust - actions speak louder than words

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    This has been a decent thread to be honest
    It has.

I just wish more posters got involved.

Because at its crux is the role the support can play in securing our club’s future.

The petty squabbles are uneccesary and egocentric distractions.

Forums are about debate. Not snide.

It may be only my opinion but this is one of the most important threads on United Mad since I joined.

We all can play a role (however small) in shaping things from a “what the ordinary fan can do” perspective.

I want United to be a roaring success. Not what it is at the moment. That’s my only guiding focus on this forum.

I don’t have all the answers, no individual does. But debate can perhaps discover a route that achieves what we all want: a successful Dundee United.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    It has.

Because at its crux is the role the support can play in securing our club’s future.

It may be only my opinion but this is one of the most important threads on United Mad since I joined.

We all can play a role (however small) in shaping things from a “what the ordinary fan can do” perspective.

I want United to be a roaring success. Not what it is at the moment. That’s my only guiding focus on this forum.

I don’t have all the answers, no individual does. But debate can perhaps discover a route that achieves what we all want: a successful Dundee United.
    Reading this thread confirms what I've thought for a while - that the baldy clown has reduced us to Fun-esque levels of mediocrity on the pitch, with squabbling and in fighting amongst various supporters factions off the pitch, who all claim to know better than the other ones.

He MUST be a Dee surely as no self respecting United supporter would ever have let it get to this.

Thanks very much Baldy.

I have long stated that in my opinion that all or most of our ills emanate from the top of the Club, that being the root or source of it all. At times I have been castigated for holding this view, whilst others have focused on the team coach etc. I personally cannot envisage any real improvement in just about any department at Tannadice until such time as we have new owners of the Club. Even then, change carries its own risks, but who would argue against taking such a risk?

These views are entirely my own.

I agree with much of what Frank has posted here and especially all these differing factions and splits within the support and supporters groups.

We need ONE body , instead of all this bickering and jostling for position. Perhaps a re*****ised and reorganised Arabtrust would have been the way to go. Can't see it happening now though with all the arguing and different views/ positions. All the supporters groups need to get together and sort all this out for a unified approach to move our club forward. Can't see that happening somehow.

Hopefully we can get some change of ownership soon , appropriate ownership !! , and perhaps that will be the catalyst.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebeach View Post
    Except the money spent DID NOT come out of direct debits! The expenses were covered personally by the Founder members!
    As for Arabtrust, I believe it has been tainted by its continual act of disappearing up the boards backside and the only alternative was to set up a new entity without any baggage
    Arabtrust could and should have had the vision to do what the Foundation are now setting out to do but did not do it. Why?
    Popped in to defend DUSF. Which is fine.

Then deflected my question when the my accused me of being Retired Arab.

Ignored my polite and perfectly reasonable question.

I’m guessing youre a DUSF Steering group member. Perhaps even one who profited from the 13k spend? Which is fine.

Regardless. No reason not to answer my reasonable question.

For me it just adds to the obviousness of the egos at play

It has.

I know, alot of arabs are totally done with the whole thing, alot are totally drained...

I know, alot of arabs are totally done with the whole thing, alot are totally drained...
    yup emotionally its obvious and no wonder

Understandable.

That just leaves us with the current failure fan groups that have achieved the square root of **** all in changing things.

Because it’s all half hearted.

If they were serious they’d put the club ahead of their own little private fiefdoms.

Understandable.

That just leaves us with the current failure fan groups that have achieved the square root of **** all in changing things.

Because it’s all half hearted.

If they were serious they’d put the club ahead of their own little private fiefdoms.
    Again i agree with this. A big sit down is required IMO.

Again i agree with this. A big sit down is required IMO.
    Will never happen. Too much historical grudges and tribalism.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)