+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Arabtrust - actions speak louder than words

Quote Originally Posted by portuguesefrank View Post
    and for anyone wondering how easy it is to call an egm to install a new leadership of the trust the answer is:

“b. If a written requisition signed (except where these rules say otherwise) by not less than 20 members or 10% of the membership, whichever is the higher, is delivered to the society’s registered office. The requisition must state the purpose for which the meeting is to be convened. If the secretary is not within the united kingdom or is unwilling to convene a general meeting any society board member may call a general meeting.”

(above is from a trust website. Page 10 of the society rules)

so if it’s 500 members then you only need 50 folk to get a egm. Surely doable if there are so many that want the trust to go in a different direction?
    simples

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Arab View Post
    simples
    Retired - genuine questions - are the AT committee aware that you are responding on here? Have you been given authority to or are these your personal opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    You know what I find fascinating?

The fact it takes me to point out the obvious and simple route to change the directions of a group like the Trust for people to go silent.

It’s almost as if those who call for different behaviour from the Trust or other groups don’t have the strength of their convictions to even attempt to follow through.

Is it easier to snipe from the sidelines than actually put your neck on the line?

If the trust, as an example, is to be accused of dereliction of duty then is it not also a dereliction of duty for those than can change things to simply stand back and not step forward?

That is why I find this whole conversation a complete minter for those that complain yet don’t follow the clearly set out and simple routes to change the direction of an organisation like Arabtrust.

It is in fact more damning to the critics than the trust itself.
    TBH when I read this I was pretty despondent because all I wanted to achieve by criticising AT was to see them in these difficult times for the club being more open with communication to non paid up members.

But seeing your later posts I'm really encouraged. It's entirely possible that AT have good reasons for adopting the strategy they have but unless they open up a bit they will continue to leave themselves open to question. So lets see if they do.
    Taking your example of a mass migration in of new fans who want to see the Associate Directorship resigned, using your figures 50 new members would have to convince an existing majority of 500 to go a different route. That wouldn't be easy and would possibly need to be grown to a "holding group" of some 250 who are agreed on a new set of actions and who then join all at once and make the coup. I'm not sure how that would or could work.

What I do believe is that a really strong PR campaign would be a good place to start, but with so many fan groups at the moment this seems unlikely to happen. Are the different fans groups talking and co-ordinating a set of actions or is everyone doing their own thing?

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Retired - genuine questions - are the AT committee aware that you are responding on here? Have you been given authority to or are these your personal opinions?
    This loon no the lunatic fa made a right c unt of himself on the ArabTrust facebook no too lang ago?

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Being perfectly honest.

People need to put up or shut up when it is in fact itso simple to affect change on any of the fan groups directions.

Me. I’ve no interest in any of them.

There should be only one anyway.

And I’ll be honest. A changed Arabtrust is best placed to fulfil that role. Third largest shareholder, associate place on board already.

Yet. We have two new groups spring up recently that could achieve everything they wanted by forcing change at AT and the Fed, that hate the Trust anyway, could easily mobilise votes to take over control bit for some reason don’t. I find that in itself bizarre.

Portuguese Frankly I don’t see the point.

There only needs to be one group.

It smacks to me on all sides of egos and fear of defeat in winning the arguments.

We don’t need all these groups.

If you want change, go after the biggest fish (AT with its shareholding) and change it.

Everything else wastes time and muddy the waters which ultimately suits ST and his board of incompetents right down to the ground.
    Am i reading this right porto loon? the fans can take over ArabTrust and throw oot the turds in charge the now ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dyce_arab View Post
    This loon no the lunatic fa made a right c unt of himself on the ArabTrust facebook no too lang ago?
    Dunno Dyce. Didn't exactly cover himself in glory on here

has to be the same loon, pardon the pun. he he

Am i reading this right porto loon? the fans can take over ArabTrust and throw oot the turds in charge the now ?
    I'm not answering for Frank but I think he's right, yes we can. But to do it we'd need a massive influx of new members in order to dilute their power to resist it. I don't know how many members they have and I don't even know if it's advisable or a real possibility. Worth exploring if only to make them sh1t their smug pants.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I'm not answering for Frank but I think he's right, yes we can. But to do it we'd need a massive influx of new members in order to dilute their power to resist it. I don't know how many members they have and I don't even know if it's advisable or a real possibility. Worth exploring if only to make them sh1t their smug pants.
    So we can take over and get rid of people like this Retired loon? Surely having people like that on board canna be a good thing?

So we can take over and get rid of people like this Retired loon? Surely having people like that on board canna be a good thing?
    Well at this point we're just exploring possibilities. It's one thing stirring the pot from here in Spain, it's entirely different to see if there's an appetite for it am ong the local support. Also, before anything like that happens AT should have the chance to defend their position and set out their agenda a little more in the open for non paying members.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)