+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Arabtrust - actions speak louder than words

Being perfectly honest.

People need to put up or shut up when it is in fact itso simple to affect change on any of the fan groups directions.

Me. I’ve no interest in any of them.

There should be only one anyway.

And I’ll be honest. A changed Arabtrust is best placed to fulfil that role. Third largest shareholder, associate place on board already.

Yet. We have two new groups spring up recently that could achieve everything they wanted by forcing change at AT and the Fed, that hate the Trust anyway, could easily mobilise votes to take over control bit for some reason don’t. I find that in itself bizarre.

Portuguese Frankly I don’t see the point.

There only needs to be one group.

It smacks to me on all sides of egos and fear of defeat in winning the arguments.

We don’t need all these groups.

If you want change, go after the biggest fish (AT with its shareholding) and change it.

Everything else wastes time and muddy the waters which ultimately suits ST and his board of incompetents right down to the ground.
    Last edited by PortugueseFrank; 12-09-2017 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deebuster View Post
    The phukking Masons ya phukking pryck. Wow!
    Was just begining to think along these lines, cryptic lines,talk of charity work suggestions of corruption its all here really😏😏

You know what I find fascinating?

The fact it takes me to point out the obvious and simple route to change the directions of a group like the Trust for people to go silent.

It’s almost as if those who call for different behaviour from the Trust or other groups don’t have the strength of their convictions to even attempt to follow through.

Is it easier to snipe from the sidelines than actually put your neck on the line?

If the trust, as an example, is to be accused of dereliction of duty then is it not also a dereliction of duty for those than can change things to simply stand back and not step forward?

That is why I find this whole conversation a complete minter for those that complain yet don’t follow the clearly set out and simple routes to change the direction of an organisation like Arabtrust.

It is in fact more damning to the critics than the trust itself.

Easiest thing for disgruntled fans is to take over the Trust.

Fans United, The Fed, DUSF( who spent a ridiculous 13k setting up) could so easily have forced an EGM to take over the Trust, at no cost other than membership.

Then they’d collectively control the THIRD LARGEST SHAREHOLDER IN UNITED.

Yet for some reason they don’t.

What a waste of energy.

That is why we simply can’t take these multiple groups seriously. All of them

The trust can so easily be taken over yet for some reason these groups set up themselves?

These multiple groups’ lack of intelligence when it comes to the ease in which they could control the third largest shareholding group shows how fundamentally we as a support are beyond a joke in terms of intelligence and organisation.

I despair at the thought of fan ownership for United,

Can anyone argue to me that I’m wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Easiest thing for disgruntled fans is to take over the Trust.

Fans United, The Fed, DUSF( who spent a ridiculous 13k setting up) could so easily have forced an EGM to take over the Trust, at no cost other than membership.

Then they’d collectively control the THIRD LARGEST SHAREHOLDER IN UNITED.

Yet for some reason they don’t.

What a waste of energy.

That is why we simply can’t take these multiple groups seriously. All of them

The trust can so easily be taken over yet for some reason these groups set up themselves?

These multiple groups’ lack of intelligence when it comes to the ease in which they could control the third largest shareholding group shows how fundamentally we as a support are beyond a joke in terms of intelligence and organisation.

I despair at the thought of fan ownership for United,

You are quickly becoming too sensible for this board. Some very good points and opinion in all your posts Frank.

The fact it takes me to point out the obvious and simple route to change the directions of a group like the Trust for people to go silent.

It’s almost as if those who call for different behaviour from the Trust or other groups don’t have the strength of their convictions to even attempt to follow through.

Is it easier to snipe from the sidelines than actually put your neck on the line?

If the trust, as an example, is to be accused of dereliction of duty then is it not also a dereliction of duty for those than can change things to simply stand back and not step forward?

That is why I find this whole conversation a complete minter for those that complain yet don’t follow the clearly set out and simple routes to change the direction of an organisation like Arabtrust.

Brilliant post PF it never fails to amaze me that there is always a simple solution to a tough problem. Common sense at last 👏

No because you're not.

Wrong . It's created awareness and debate.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Wrong . It's created awareness and debate.
    What is the aim? Change or awareness and debate?

Cause if it’s change people want the steps are remarkably straightforward.

Straightforward to such a degree that it should scare the **** out of ordinary fans that those promoting and wanting to bring about change have ignored or worst are unaware of the simplest route to achieving it.

DUSF spending 13k setting up seems insane to me when they could have simply taken control of the Trust board and implemented their programme with the added clout of a place on the board (albeit a powerless AD) and the third largest shareholding.

Is it just me?

What is the aim? Change or awareness and debate?

Cause if it’s change people want the steps are remarkably straightforward.

Straightforward to such a degree that it should scare the **** out of ordinary fans that those promoting and wanting to bring about change have ignored or worst are unaware of the simplest route to achieving it.

DUSF spending 13k setting up seems insane to me when they could have simply taken control of the Trust board and implemented their programme with the added clout of a place on the board (albeit a powerless AD) and the third largest shareholding.

Is it just me?

Frank, you made a lot of good points in your posts above. I've never swerved a thread in my entire time on here, but at work so can't devote much time to this. I'll post a proper response tonight.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)