+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Email from club

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    What do you suggest the marketing email from the club should have said?
    something that wasnt lies?

Have a read of almost all marketing material out in the world today. Seriously, I think you are choosing the wrong hammer to hit the club with.

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    Slight change for dufc marketing to consider:
    Rays Terrors have made an impressive start with 3 victories catapulting them, briefly, to the top of the championship table then normal service resumed and the poor performances turned into a hammering and draw at home to part timers. We are still in the play off mix though.

The fast flowing football we all strive for isnt happening anytime soon but we dont want to miss out on your money so please renew.
    You are illustrating my point perfectly with this.

Have a read of almost all marketing material out in the world today. Seriously, I think you are choosing the wrong hammer to hit the club with.
    fast free flowing football whilst the gates remained opened at half time to let everyone out, nah this hammer deserves to be well flung!

They could have appealed to ex season ticket holders and said we need your support, managers budget etc but nah everyone on every forum and every social media platform are saying how bad we are performing, the club coming out with this kind of statement is a f cuking joke!

I never made it in marketing or advertising

The thing with a good percentage of other marketing material is that they have a good product in the first place and by law has to be accurate or they will get a slap down or worse for it. In the case of this email, i wonder if trading standards would be interested as the club are making claims that are just not true! Unless you can confirm you have seen the "fast flowing, attractive football has been evident in most games so far this season"?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    The thing with a good percentage of other marketing material is that they have a good product in the first place and by law has to be accurate or they will get a slap down or worse for it. In the case of this email, i wonder if trading standards would be interested as the club are making claims that are just not true! Unless you can confirm you have seen the "fast flowing, attractive football has been evident in most games so far this season"?
    If trading standards got involved we should be reimbursed for the home games we've had to endure....

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    T

Dinna laugh 😂 - the fast flowing, attractive football has been evident in most games so far this season and we do not want you to miss out.
    the actual completely disgusting standard we play to is the exact reason why i wont buy one and the reason i have stopped going already this season. f"ck paying money to watch that absolute sh1te

Unreal , obviously written by someone who hasn't seen us so far , an old one or a complete belter , almost comical , you can count on one hand the number o decent displays by us over the last 18 months never mind fast flowing , only thing fast flowing is the number o fans out the gate and no coming back

Terry stop trying to defend the club ffs. Surely you can see that whoever wrote that is havering dung

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)