+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: 15 former players

15 former players

15 former players involved in premiership fixtures over the weekend. After that pish on Saturday who out of this lot would walk into our starting 11 for our next game? I am not saying who would you have back for good just wondering which former players are better (if any) than who is currently occupying their position.

J. Souttar - No
    GMS - Yes
    Allan- hasn't done anything for the fun to suggest he would improve us so he's a no
    M. Gardyne - tough one but I'm gonna say yes
    T. Mickelsen - Yes
    B. McKay- No
    Spittal - No
    Erskine - No
    Steven Anderson (came through academy) - Yes
    P. Paton - unsure. Rock, paper, scissors between him briels and fyvie
    S. Murray - Yes
    D. Swanson - Yes
    S. Armstrong - Yes
    Dow - Yes
    Bell - No

J. Souttar - Yes as he was starting to show how good a central midfielder he could be. Another couple of seasons under a different regime and who knows!
    GMS - Yes
    Allan- Really dont see the love affair some have with this lad!
    M. Gardyne - No because some players just belong somewhere and Ross County for him.
    T. Mikkelsen - Unsure now.
    B. McKay- No cant afford to be relegated again!
    Spittal - Yes, what was it, 5 goals towards the end last season and 4 already this season?
    Erskine - Yes, victim of injury in his last season then i really dont know!
    Steven Anderson (came through academy) - Yes, but would need the manager to come too!
    P. Paton - No but after my Erskine thoughts, thats raised to unsure.
    S. Murray - Yes
    D. Swanson - Yes
    S. Armstrong - Yes
    Dow - No, really didnt fulfill his promise and i think the mediocrity continues.
    Bell - No

souttar- no might improve no having experience alongside him and levein as a manager but currently probably not.
    GMS- yes
    allan- no overrated. another version of harkins for them. will show moments of how good he could be but ultimately he will be inconsistent
    Gardyne- would have said yes but similar to chick he seems to have a good thing at county.
    mikkelson- yes
    Mckay- with support around him yes if we get the player who helped take us down then no.
    spittal- probably yes. thought he added something to us but not consistent and confident enough.
    erskine- yes underrated. similar to gardyne aswell tho
    anderson- dont know why were counting him as much but would be yes
    paton- didnt mind him so probably yes
    murray- probably yes
    swanson- yes
    armstrong- yes
    dow- no dont need players wholl have 1 good game in 10
    bell- yes

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Brightside View Post
    15 former players involved in premiership fixtures over the weekend. After that pish on Saturday who out of this lot would walk into our starting 11 for our next game? I am not saying who would you have back for good just wondering which former players are better (if any) than who is currently occupying their position.

J. Souttar - No
    GMS - Yes
    Allan- hasn't done anything for the fun to suggest he would improve us so he's a no
    M. Gardyne - tough one but I'm gonna say yes
    T. Mickelsen - Yes
    B. McKay- No
    Spittal - No
    Erskine - No
    Steven Anderson (came through academy) - Yes
    P. Paton - unsure. Rock, paper, scissors between him briels and fyvie
    S. Murray - Yes
    D. Swanson - Yes
    S. Armstrong - Yes
    Dow - Yes
    Bell - No
    You honestly think the defenders we currently have are better than Souttar??

Crackpot!

Souttar - The one who was interested and played football- yes. Had a mistake or two in him but no more than the apparent 'no nonsense' defenders we have on the books now.

GMS - Without a shadow of a doubt.

Allan- current day Allan would be a no. Gone backwards as a player and fact he's at Dens tells you everything you need to know about where his career's at.

Gardyne - good player at Championship level.

Mikkelsen - would give us something different but with two full backs who couldn't cross a road, I don't know if we'd get best out of him.

McKay- No. Hasn't done it for years now.

Spittal - No. Prefer McMullan and King.

Erskine - Yes. Standout at this level in the past and would get double figure goals something Fraser isn't capable of.

Anderson- No. Not a massive upgrade on Edge, Durnan or Quinn.

Paton - never liked watching him but would offer more than Flood and possibly Briels (jury still out on him).

Murray - 100% yes. We've scored 3 goals from open play this season, this time last year we'd scored 8. His pace and space he created for others is something we now lack.

Swanson - Yes. Better than McMullan and King.

Armstrong - best midfielder in country at moment so yes.

Dow - No. Offers no upgrade on McMullan or King and doesn't know where the goal is.

Bell - No. Lewis looks a good and confident keeper. Currently being let down by poor defence.

Only Nos for me would be Souttar and McKay. Plus Gardyne, as said previously he belongs at Ross Co.

Plus Bell is a No only because Lewis has been great so far, top keeper in the making and let's pray he gets us up this season along with big improvement from the rest

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)