+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Players available on a free transfer

Players available on a free transfer

Any of you good folk willing to post a link showing those players that are available on a free transfer at the moment please?

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Any of you good folk willing to post a link showing those players that are available on a free transfer at the moment please?
    Try googling tansfermarkt out of contract... Slew, Hitchcock and Hoskins all appear on the list (no record of Hoskins playing in 2016/17)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Try googling tansfermarkt out of contract... Slew, Hitchcock and Hoskins all appear on the list (no record of Hoskins playing in 2016/17)
    Only other ones that I've heard of...
    Ishmael Mller - made only three subs appearances for Bury last season (injured?)
    Simon Church - no record of him playing in 2016/17
    Leon Best - played in Ipswich FA Cup defeat by Lincoln, then sidelined by groin injury ... I don't think that Big Mick was amused!

[QUOTE=mikemiller;38649773]Only other ones that I've heard of...
    Ishmael Mller - made only three subs appearances for Bury last season (injured?)
    /QUOTE]
    Got cut off... that shoud read Ishmael Miller

Ricky Lambert was also on the list, but I doubt that he'd want a move to a League 1 club
    Last edited by mikemiller; 11-09-2017 at 11:21 AM.

Warne has said he's looking at a non league striker. Does anybody know what the rules are for signing non league players outside the transfer window?

Striker wise Matty fryatt. Good record at championship/premship. 31 now. Could be worth a 6 month contract /play / pay

It's hard to believe players like
    lewis mcgugan
    Danny Guthrie
    Jay spearing
    Matty fryatt are without clubs..

Yoann Arquin and Rory Donnelly are another 2 i've found so far who i wouldn't go anywhere near and a young striker who was released by Watford called Ogo Obi who Man Utd was looking at not too long ago.

Frank Moussa is also free agent who is more of a winger than a striker though.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Thanks Mike

Fryatt may be worth a punt

Fryatt would be a good choice for experience. Still only 31 but didn't play for Forest (warning bells) for last two years (more warning bells) due to an injury (even more warning bells). Have we learned our lesson? Pay as you play contract only.