+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Someone reassure me please we will never be that bad again

Some unfair and unnecessary singling out of individual players. De Boer won the tactical battle over Dyche and we got very lucky despite some brilliant defending.

Plus the players sat back in the later stages of the game with no intention of supporting any attacks that we had the chance of making.

Dyche said Palace were the better side but he has to take full responsibility for the performance and tactics. A lucky manager on the day.

I don't if it's short memories or not, but this sort of thing isn't new, it's has been happening for about three seasons now. It was even happening in the promotion season when we won the League, I lost count of the times I walked off Turf Moor that season, just like yesterday, wondering how we'd got away with it, and I've long since lost count of the number of managers I've seen on Sky after a game bemoaning the fact that they hadn't got what they deserved.

I don't what causes it, but teams seem to have great difficulty putting even easy chances into our net. It can't be just down to luck, it's been happening for too long, but I'm fecked if I know why they find it so hard. Long may it continue though.

funny old game- we played a lot lot better against Pulis and got what the deadwoods have got but played really really krapp agsinst Palace- and we get 3 points and De Boer the sack

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    funny old game- we played a lot lot better against Pulis and got what the deadwoods have got but played really really krapp agsinst Palace- and we get 3 points and De Boer the sack
    It is a funny old game IDWT, just supposing a Martian spacecraft had arrived on earth with 100 martians who had no idea what football was, you took them to watch that game and told them one of the manager's got sacked afterwards, then asked them which one. There's no doubt all 100 would have said it must have been Dyche.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I don't if it's short memories or not, but this sort of thing isn't new, it's has been happening for about three seasons now. It was even happening in the promotion season when we won the League, I lost count of the times I walked off Turf Moor that season, just like yesterday, wondering how we'd got away with it, and I've long since lost count of the number of managers I've seen on Sky after a game bemoaning the fact that they hadn't got what they deserved.

I don't what causes it, but teams seem to have great difficulty putting even easy chances into our net. It can't be just down to luck, it's been happening for too long, but I'm fecked if I know why they find it so hard. Long may it continue though.
    It's the Dyche goal line force field!

We do seem to have a knack of creating problems for opposing managers too. Wenger sent off, Mourinho sent off and also into a post Barnes rant, deBoer the sack, a bewildered Klopp, a frustrated Pochetino and I think a few more.

Another couple

David Moyes found himself in hot water this week when a video emerged of him telling a female reporter she “might get a slap” after taking offence to a question she asked following last month’s 0-0 draw with Burnley.

Conte favourite to lose his job after losing to Burnley
    Last edited by oldcolner; 12-09-2017 at 02:29 PM.

It is a funny old game IDWT, just supposing a Martian spacecraft had arrived on earth with 100 martians who had no idea what football was, you took them to watch that game and told them one of the manager's got sacked afterwards, then asked them which one. There's no doubt all 100 would have said it must have been Dyche.
    Where on earth are you going to get 100 Martians from? Why not settle for ten?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Where on earth are you going to get 100 Martians from? Why not settle for ten?
    Bloody hell BT, what could I do about it ? The spaceship arrived from Mars, not my fault there were 100 of the buggers on it, and they all wanted to see a PL game. After watching that game though, they're quite happy to go back to Mars without watching another one.

a bit early in the day to be on the hard stuff slinkov-

Bloody hell BT, what could I do about it ? The spaceship arrived from Mars, not my fault there were 100 of the buggers on it, and they all wanted to see a PL game. After watching that game though, they're quite happy to go back to Mars without watching another one.
    Did they take de Boer back with them?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)