+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Rowett To Assess Midfield Options Ahead Of Barnsley Game

Rowett To Assess Midfield Options Ahead Of Barnsley Game

Gary Rowett will assess his midfield options ahead of the Carabao Cup 2nd round tie against Barnsley tomorrow night and will later decide on wether to dip in the free agent market if the midfield area becomes a major issue that needs to be delt with, he already knows we are light in midfield but will assess further on the extent of the damage done on deadline day when they play Barnsley on Tuesday night and if the midfield can sustain through January or not.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spor...p-derby-454193

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    Gary Rowett will assess his midfield options ahead of the Carabao Cup 2nd round tie against Barnsley tomorrow night and will later decide on wether to dip in the free agent market if the midfield area becomes a major issue that needs to be delt with, he already knows we are light in midfield but will assess further on the extent of the damage done on deadline day when they play Barnsley on Tuesday night and if the midfield can sustain through January or not.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spor...p-derby-454193
    The Telegraph's report is about as dull and obvious as your relaying of it, but what I saw a glimmer of on friday is more motivated players who know they have five months to make an impression, and that's where I want Rowett to shine. Any old fool can walk into the guy with the dosh and say 'I want to buy (or now loan) 'X', well Rowett now has a proper job to be getting on with - in business terms, 'work his assets'.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    The Telegraph's report is about as dull and obvious as your relaying of it, but what I saw a glimmer of on friday is more motivated players who know they have five months to make an impression, and that's where I want Rowett to shine. Any old fool can walk into the guy with the dosh and say 'I want to buy (or now loan) 'X', well Rowett now has a proper job to be getting on with - in business terms, 'work his assets'.
    The lads put on a great display on Friday night against Hull they put in a real effort to make an impression and we got what the doctor ordered we couldn't of ask for a more fine performance then that and now we just need to carry on and keep this level of performance going into Barnsley and so forth because when it shows, we have got great bunch of individuals that can put on a great show when it matters.

We just need to gradually build upon our foundations that is currently build and assess what needs improving and what needs changing and keep assessing little bits here and there as the season progresses and then come to a conclusion where we stand as a whole.

Friday, they all put a 100% shift in for 100% of the time. Movement off the ball creating options for the man in possession. Pressing Hull into errors when they had the ball. All of the things that have been lacking so far this season.

It would be the Derby way to revert to the form of the opening games next time out. However, I expect a lot of changes to the side to give players time and explore some options.

My thoughts are:

We will see Mitchell in goal, Wisdom and Forsyth at full back. Start with Keogh and Davis with Shackell getting some game time if fit.
    Thorne and Hanson (if fit) at DM. Anya and JR taking the wide berths and Winnall operating around Martin up top.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Friday, they all put a 100% shift in for 100% of the time. Movement off the ball creating options for the man in possession. Pressing Hull into errors when they had the ball. All of the things that have been lacking so far this season.

It would be the Derby way to revert to the form of the opening games next time out. However, I expect a lot of changes to the side to give players time and explore some options.

My thoughts are:

We will see Mitchell in goal, Wisdom and Forsyth at full back. Start with Keogh and Davis with Shackell getting some game time if fit.
    Thorne and Hanson (if fit) at DM. Anya and JR taking the wide berths and Winnall operating around Martin up top.
    Don't think Hanson is anywhere near fit MA. Apparently they're thinking of giving a debut to Max Bird alongside Thorne.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 11-09-2017 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Don't think Hanson is anywhere near fit MA. Apparently they're thinking of giving a debut to Max Bird alongside Thorne.
    Has Baird ever played midfield for us? He's always struck me as limited by ultimate ability rather than ability to do as he's told, maybe he could do a job if given a clear DM-style mandate

If wecould rely on hanson and thorne being fit wed have no problems. I like the idea of trimming the squad though, get the numbers down to a more manageable one. The problem weve got is if we lose just one more midfielder we are in the mire. Hudds for me is first nameon the sheet mind.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)