shopify analytics

Bet for FREE on football and win real cash bet4F is changing the game
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31

Thread: 'Silly Billy' at it again.

  1. #1

    'Silly Billy' at it again.

    See Billy Davies is alleging some sort of 'smear campaign' against him. Apparently he's spent time gathering evidence to prove it. Maybe, just maybe, his comments at Wembley after we'd just won promotion, his disrespectful comments aimed at the Derby board in order, it has been suggested, to secure a huge pay off, his useless signings (think Claude...need I go on?), his behaviour at Forest and attitude towards their fans and his alleged sexual shenanigans alongside Tommy Sheridan might have more to do with any reluctance from potential employers to offer him a job. Loyalty does not seem a concept little Billy is familiar with.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 11-09-2017 at 08:29 AM.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    See Billy Davies is alleging some sort of 'smear campaign' against him. Apparently he's spent time gathering evidence to prove it. Maybe, just maybe, his comments at Wembley after we'd just won promotion, his disrespectful comments aimed at the Derby board in order, it has been suggested, to secure a huge pay off, his useless signings (think Claude...need I go on?), his behaviour at Forest and attitude towards their fans and his alleged sexual shenanigans in Scotland might have more to do with any reluctance from potential employers to offer him a job.
    Leave the man alone. He and his red-shirted droogs provided the backdrop to my best-ever day of corporate hospitality!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Leave the man alone. He and his red-shirted droogs provided the backdrop to my best-ever day of corporate hospitality!
    Ah yes...the 22nd March...St. Craig's Day. Funny to think how all the heroes of that day...Bryson, Hendrick, Bamford and JR have all become 'yesterday's men' just as quickly as BD has become perceived as yesterday's 'weasel'.

    I was thinking what a totally different side we now have but surprisingly Keogh, Wisdom, Forsyth, Thorne, Martin and Russell all played a part on that wonderful afternoon of three and a half years ago.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 11-09-2017 at 11:55 AM.

  4. #4
    Claims to have spent at least 100K on assembling this "proof" of his. I can't wait to see what he has "proven" to be able to judge if it's been the huge waste of time and money most think it is or if he can show that there was a smear campaign going on. Will such proof lead to civil cases? Will any journo be take to court? :-)

    From 05 through 08 when I was teaching at a sports college, we went to MF a couple of times a year with students doing the UEFA B course for a week of practical experience and swapping thoughts with the DCFC Academy staff. We would work with the Academy Monday through Thursday and then, on the Friday, we would be with the 1st team, observing the routines they were working on specifically with Saturday's game in mind. The day before that amazing day at Barnsley when we took 7.5K there, we watched all manner of things going on from keeper's routines, tackling, shooting, deadball situations etc. The one that got me the most confused was on one pitch, one member of staff was stood in one of the penalty areas and 3 central defenders were in the other half of the pitch. The coach lumped balls up over the halfway line for half an hour and the 3 CDs headed them back to him. After training we were supposed to have a 30 minute Q&A session with Billy. I asked him what the thinking behind the heading practice was. The answer was stunningly simple. Barnsley lump every ball up to their CF, their only tactic so we were getting them used to a barrage of balls.....

    THAT comment at Wembley, the failure to start rebuilding the team immediately, going off on a 3 week holiday instead, the lack of thought that went into the buys that summer..... all reasons to be glad he isn't with us now.

    However, we saw the other side of Billy that day. While we were waiting for him to arrive for the Q&A, a member of staff popped in to say that something had cropped up and Billy was on his way but couldn't stay longer than 15 minutes. Billy arrived we ggot into a great football discussion, swapping thoughts, stories, tactics etc etc etc as coaches do when they get together. 15 minutes became 30 and the member of staff returned saying "Billy, time is well up...." Billy said "Tell them I will be late, I'm enjoying this, this is what it's all about, discussing football, swapping thoughts and learning from each other and I am learning from these guys". That Q&A lasted almost an hour and a half.

    That is a side of him most haven't seen. A lot has been done and said about engineering exits etc and I wouldn't want him back at the helm of DCFC..... BUT..... if I ever got the chance to have another football discussion with him, wild horses couldn't keep me away.

  5. #5
    Fair point MA. Can't abide the bloke myself, but I'll admit I've never met him and a different perspective is always interesting.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    2,150
    All in all Billy trying to get himself back into the game and get his managerial career back on track after two abysmal two Forest attempts at getting them promoted but it's been so long that everyone has forgot who he is, that he might need a new form of identity to spring himself back into the scene with a clean slate.

    He was in the frame for the Hearts job a while back but he couldn't agree with Heart's ambitions of where they were taking the club forward so he decided to opt out of the running as their new manager.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    everyone has forgot who he is
    I don't think so. That's his problem

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    2,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I don't think so. That's his problem
    Billy could of been one of the top managers in English football if he wasn't so far up his own arse and a bigot and left us in the Premier League because he couldn't work with a tight budget that we was on under the crook Adam Pearson. He couldn't handle the huge challenge that was put in front of him which showed when he left Derby under appalling circumstances and the fact that he didn't help with choosing his successor is another thing that cost us big time and got us relegated and got himself even more in the bad books and harmed his reputation.

    Poor recruitment cost us in the end which it often does on most occasions has history shows, they panicked in bringing in Paul Jewel and the rest is history that is better of left being buried.

  9. #9
    I'd be really careful about referring to Adam Pearson as a 'crook', R4J. As far as I'm aware he's a completely respectable businessman with interests at Hull RLFC and Leeds United. Unless you have evidence to support your suggestion I'd stfu quite quickly if I were you.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    2,150
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I'd be really careful about referring to Adam Pearson as a 'crook', R4J. As far as I'm aware he's a completely respectable businessman with interests at Hull RLFC and Leeds United. Unless you have evidence to support your suggestion I'd stfu quite quickly if I were you.
    He is no longer associated with Leeds or Hull and Adam Pearson was a penny pincher hold all his money to himself and never spent a penny at the clubs he was associated with. Good businessman not in the slightest....

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    He is no longer associated with Leeds or Hull and Adam Pearson was a penny pincher hold all his money to himself and never spent a penny at the clubs he was associated with. Good businessman not in the slightest....
    I actually said 'respectable'...wouldn't know if he's 'good'. You may be right about Leeds but he was holding up the Challenge Cup in Hull about a fortnight ago so I think he can claim some 'association'. Possibly even the owner of Hull FC (RLFC) so...tread carefully!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    2,150
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I actually said 'respectable'...wouldn't know if he's 'good'. You may be right about Leeds but he was holding up the Challenge Cup in Hull about a fortnight ago so I think he can claim some 'association'. Possibly even the owner of Hull FC (RLFC) so...tread carefully!
    He owns Hull Rugby and may have won the Challenge Cup in his tenure recently but I'm not talking about his time in Rugby because it's a different sport and I'm simply talking about his time in football when he was chairman of Hull City, Leeds Utd & Derby County where his tenure wasn't so good as his tenure in Rugby.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    He owns Hull Rugby and may have won the Challenge Cup in his tenure recently but I'm not talking about his time in Rugby because it's a different sport and I'm simply talking about his time in football when he was chairman of Hull City, Leeds Utd & Derby County where his tenure wasn't so good as his tenure in Rugby.
    Look chap...I did say Hull RLFC all along...and they've actually won the Challenge Cup for the last two years.
    The point is...you can't go calling people 'crooks' without very good evidence and it seems unlikely you've got any as Hull FC - which I understand is confusingly named because they're actually a rugby league club - is a thoroughly reputable and very successful club.
    Just be careful with your accusations, people have been banned for a great deal less!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    2,150
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Look chap...I did say Hull RLFC all along...and they've actually won the Challenge Cup for the last two years.
    The point is...you can't go calling people 'crooks' without very good evidence and it seems unlikely you've got any as Hull FC - which I understand is confusingly named because they're actually a rugby league club - is a thoroughly reputable and very successful club.
    Just be careful with your accusations, people have been banned for a great deal less!
    Hull FC and HRLFC are two totally different clubs they might share the same ground but run completely by different people. Adam Pearson is a successful businessman in Rugby but he wasn't a very successful businessman in football as there was plenty of controversy surrounding him let's put it that way and I seen pretty much everything that he has been involved in with sports since he came into the scene and he has had more success out of football then he has when he was involved in it.

    He has undergone bad business and done good business depends on how you look at him from a sports fan perspective, I know him more from Football and that's where I take my views in consideration.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Look chap...
    The point is...you can't go calling people 'crooks' without very good evidence ....
    Just be careful with your accusations, people have been banned for a great deal less!
    This rule doesn't apply to him.
    I suspect he's Ratflea's 💘 child

  16. #16
    Look...this is not really the point, but you're wrong. I know quite a lot about Rugby League...got brought up with it. There are two rugby league clubs in Hull. One, not currently so successful, is Hull Kingston Rovers (Hull KR), the other - currently highly successful - are Hull FC who share a ground with the Hull City AFC we played last Friday. As I've said, it's confusing to have a rugby league team called Hull FC but that's how it is and Adam Pearson is their chairman. It's also confusing to have a team of Rhinos in Leeds and Wolves in Warrington but I didn't make up their bloody silly names.
    If you still don't believe me, google Hull FC and you'll find a rugby league team who play in black and white who won the Challenge Cup at Wembley against Wigan when we were losing to Sheffield United.
    It is alright to be wrong sometimes!
    Last edited by ramAnag; 11-09-2017 at 07:00 PM.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    2,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    This rule doesn't apply to him.
    I suspect he's Ratflea's �� child
    I guess you not a risk taker and had a knife to your chest and prepare to sacrifice everything for the sake of getting your views across.

    No matter the danger I'll face it dead on, bit like Derby on match days when against their opposition they are ready for anything.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Derby
    Posts
    2,150
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Look...this is not really the point, but you're wrong. I know quite a lot about Rugby League...got brought up with it. There are two rugby league clubs in Hull. One, not currently so successful, is Hull Kingston Rovers (Hull KR), the other - currently highly successful - are Hull FC who share a ground with the Hull City AFC we played last Friday. As I've said, it's confusing to have a rugby league team called Hull FC but that's how it is and Adam Pearson is their chairman. It's also confusing to have a team of Rhinos in Leeds and Wolves in Warrington but I didn't make up their bloody silly names.
    If you still don't believe me, google Hull FC and you'll find a rugby league team who play in black and white who won the Challenge Cup at Wembley against Wigan when we were losing to Sheffield United.
    It is alright to be wrong sometimes!
    Which I already said that they share a ground and won the challenge cup and so forth you sir are repeating the same thing over and over again and looking to start a gauntlet match once more and taking this whole discussion into a new entirely new perspective. For that reason to avoid getting into the usual gauntlet match I'm putting you on ignore.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Look...this is not really the point, but you're wrong. I know quite a lot about Rugby League...got brought up with it. There are two rugby league clubs in Hull. One, not currently so successful, is Hull Kingston Rovers (Hull KR), the other - currently highly successful - are Hull FC who share a ground with the Hull City AFC we played last Friday. As I've said, it's confusing to have a rugby league team called Hull FC but that's how it is and Adam Pearson is their chairman. It's also confusing to have a team of Rhinos in Leeds and Wolves in Warrington but I didn't make up their bloody silly names.
    If you still don't believe me, google Hull FC and you'll find a rugby league team who play in black and white who won the Challenge Cup at Wembley against Wigan when we were losing to Sheffield United.
    It is alright to be wrong sometimes!
    Back off R, you know you won't win, we all know the score here including your old mates Ramjet and Swale who I sense lurking in the long grass behind the stadium
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 11-09-2017 at 07:30 PM.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Back off R, you know you won't win, we all know the score here including your old mates Ramjet and Swale who I sense lurking in the long grass behind the stadium
    You can lead a horse to water Andy...I wasn't looking for a 'gauntlet match', whatever one of those is, but he's just plain wrong on this one and I can't believe it's acceptable to call an innocent man a 'crook' but you get carded for what Stenson said. That's actually insane.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •