+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'Silly Billy' at it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    Billy could of been one of the top managers in English football if he wasn't so far up his own arse and a bigot and left us in the Premier League because he couldn't work with a tight budget that we was on under the crook Adam Pearson. He couldn't handle the huge challenge that was put in front of him which showed when he left Derby under appalling circumstances and the fact that he didn't help with choosing his successor is another thing that cost us big time and got us relegated and got himself even more in the bad books and harmed his reputation.

Poor recruitment cost us in the end which it often does on most occasions has history shows, they panicked in bringing in Paul Jewel and the rest is history that is better of left being buried.

Perhaps a Mod could have a quiet word with this chap about not making comments such as this which are a clear breach of rules? It would be Footymad first then R4J who the legal chappies (or lasses) would come looking.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    You can lead a horse to water Andy...I wasn't looking for a 'gauntlet match', whatever one of those is, but he's just plain wrong on this one and I can't believe it's acceptable to call an innocent man a 'crook' but you get carded for what Stenson said. That's actually insane.
    But its someone else's insanity R, just focus on keeping your own

You can lead a horse to water Andy...I wasn't looking for a 'gauntlet match', whatever one of those is, but he's just plain wrong on this one and I can't believe it's acceptable to call an innocent man a 'crook' but you get carded for what Stenson said. That's actually insane.
    I know I have not been long on here RA but its clearly pointless trying to reason with this poster, the only answer is a message to the Mods and let them deal with it, because he/she will not listen to a friendly hint nor is there any point in arguing the toss when he/she is clearly wrong, I tried once, never again, after all its clear to everyone else what is actually the case.

Snore fest.....

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteram View Post
    Perhaps a Mod could have a quiet word with this chap about not making comments such as this which are a clear breach of rules? It would be Footymad first then R4J who the legal chappies (or lasses) would come looking.
    You'd think so wouldn't you? Unfortunately the mods on here appear currently preoccupied with other matters or inhabit a parallel universe where using the term '4rse' is so much worse than making an unfounded allegation that someone is a 'crook'.

As the pigs said 'all animals are equal but some animals (posters) are more equal than others'!!

Nigel Pearson once said "people show you who they are when under pressure"

Billy Davies isnt a bad manager, in fact hes a good championship manager, his record in this league warrants another crack. But his paranoid attitude is toxic and he ruins club morale with it, his behaviour towards his 2nd stint at forest was shameful, and maybe its that billy, maybe owners dont want that side of you. If it was just the football id hire him esp in this league, he built 5 promotion chasing sides (2 at preston, 1 successful one with us and 2 at forest),, his record is bloody good for the most part, and no doubt his knowledge is second to none,, i was depressed at the way he got his forest team playing,, they played most teams off the park including wba and newcastle.

But his toxic side is a no when it comes to team sport.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Nigel Pearson once said "people show you who they are when under pressure"

Billy Davies isnt a bad manager, in fact hes a good championship manager, his record in this league warrants another crack. But his paranoid attitude is toxic and he ruins club morale with it, his behaviour towards his 2nd stint at forest was shameful, and maybe its that billy, maybe owners dont want that side of you. If it was just the football id hire him esp in this league, he built 5 promotion chasing sides (2 at preston, 1 successful one with us and 2 at forest),, his record is bloody good for the most part, and no doubt his knowledge is second to none,, i was depressed at the way he got his forest team playing,, they played most teams off the park including wba and newcastle.

But his toxic side is a no when it comes to team sport.
    Completely agree with that...although the football we played back in that promotion season was far from memorable.

Completely agree with that...although the football we played back in that promotion season was far from memorable.
    I have pretty good memories of Wembley. Yes, it was all a bit Mourinho at times but we were also pretty slick at times as well (the Colchester 5-1 was a fine evening) and I sometimes think we cast a bit of a dark shadow on that promotion season from a viewing perspective. Sheff Wed at home, and away, Cardiff away - all pretty exciting stuff.

I agree, Davies is a good enough manager to have a job in this division but he is beyond unbearable as a manager - playing Darren Moore in attack against Birmingham to somehow prove the point that he didn't have options was as big, if not bigger, as the Wembley comment in terms of it's sheer idiocy. You have to also think that there is so much that hasn't been told about him - don't forget us fans don't even hear the half of it and there will be many who will have given the gypsies warning to anyone interested.

However, you have to smile with irony at how some managers are considered cancerous yet some players get far worse overlooked (Marlon King, Lee Hughes, Nile Ranger, plus others, for example). I know Hughes served his time but could you ever imagine a manager coming out of prison and working again?

You'd think so wouldn't you? Unfortunately the mods on here appear currently preoccupied with other matters or inhabit a parallel universe where using the term '4rse' is so much worse than making an unfounded allegation that someone is a 'crook'.
    Ooh RA now your being provocative but do agree that particular card seemed harsh. I have drawn HQ's attention to it because unsubstantiated allegations of that kind could have serious legal implications for Footymad.

All in all you have all been welcoming, and as in all walks of life if there is someone who you dont get on with the best way is to avoid interaction with them. I'm on here to chat and banter about the Rams and footie not to have pointless arguments.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)