+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Silly Billy' at it again.

'Silly Billy' at it again.

See Billy Davies is alleging some sort of 'smear campaign' against him. Apparently he's spent time gathering evidence to prove it. Maybe, just maybe, his comments at Wembley after we'd just won promotion, his disrespectful comments aimed at the Derby board in order, it has been suggested, to secure a huge pay off, his useless signings (think Claude...need I go on?), his behaviour at Forest and attitude towards their fans and his alleged ***ual shenanigans alongside Tommy Sheridan might have more to do with any reluctance from potential employers to offer him a job. Loyalty does not seem a concept little Billy is familiar with.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 11-09-2017 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    See Billy Davies is alleging some sort of 'smear campaign' against him. Apparently he's spent time gathering evidence to prove it. Maybe, just maybe, his comments at Wembley after we'd just won promotion, his disrespectful comments aimed at the Derby board in order, it has been suggested, to secure a huge pay off, his useless signings (think Claude...need I go on?), his behaviour at Forest and attitude towards their fans and his alleged ***ual shenanigans in Scotland might have more to do with any reluctance from potential employers to offer him a job.
    Leave the man alone. He and his red-shirted droogs provided the backdrop to my best-ever day of corporate hospitality!

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Leave the man alone. He and his red-shirted droogs provided the backdrop to my best-ever day of corporate hospitality!
    Ah yes...the 22nd March...St. Craig's Day. Funny to think how all the heroes of that day...Bryson, Hendrick, Bamford and JR have all become 'yesterday's men' just as quickly as BD has become perceived as yesterday's 'weasel'.

I was thinking what a totally different side we now have but surprisingly Keogh, Wisdom, Forsyth, Thorne, Martin and Russell all played a part on that wonderful afternoon of three and a half years ago.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 11-09-2017 at 11:55 AM.

Claims to have spent at least £100K on assembling this "proof" of his. I can't wait to see what he has "proven" to be able to judge if it's been the huge waste of time and money most think it is or if he can show that there was a smear campaign going on. Will such proof lead to civil cases? Will any journo be take to court? :-)

From 05 through 08 when I was teaching at a sports college, we went to MF a couple of times a year with students doing the UEFA B course for a week of practical experience and swapping thoughts with the DCFC Academy staff. We would work with the Academy Monday through Thursday and then, on the Friday, we would be with the 1st team, observing the routines they were working on specifically with Saturday's game in mind. The day before that amazing day at Barnsley when we took 7.5K there, we watched all manner of things going on from keeper's routines, tackling, shooting, deadball situations etc. The one that got me the most confused was on one pitch, one member of staff was stood in one of the penalty areas and 3 central defenders were in the other half of the pitch. The coach lumped balls up over the halfway line for half an hour and the 3 CDs headed them back to him. After training we were supposed to have a 30 minute Q&A session with Billy. I asked him what the thinking behind the heading practice was. The answer was stunningly simple. Barnsley lump every ball up to their CF, their only tactic so we were getting them used to a barrage of balls.....

THAT comment at Wembley, the failure to start rebuilding the team immediately, going off on a 3 week holiday instead, the lack of thought that went into the buys that summer..... all reasons to be glad he isn't with us now.

However, we saw the other side of Billy that day. While we were waiting for him to arrive for the Q&A, a member of staff popped in to say that something had cropped up and Billy was on his way but couldn't stay longer than 15 minutes. Billy arrived we ggot into a great football discussion, swapping thoughts, stories, tactics etc etc etc as coaches do when they get together. 15 minutes became 30 and the member of staff returned saying "Billy, time is well up...." Billy said "Tell them I will be late, I'm enjoying this, this is what it's all about, discussing football, swapping thoughts and learning from each other and I am learning from these guys". That Q&A lasted almost an hour and a half.

That is a side of him most haven't seen. A lot has been done and said about engineering exits etc and I wouldn't want him back at the helm of DCFC..... BUT..... if I ever got the chance to have another football discussion with him, wild horses couldn't keep me away.

Fair point MA. Can't abide the bloke myself, but I'll admit I've never met him and a different perspective is always interesting.

All in all Billy trying to get himself back into the game and get his managerial career back on track after two abysmal two Forest attempts at getting them promoted but it's been so long that everyone has forgot who he is, that he might need a new form of identity to spring himself back into the scene with a clean slate.

He was in the frame for the Hearts job a while back but he couldn't agree with Heart's ambitions of where they were taking the club forward so he decided to opt out of the running as their new manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Rams4Justice View Post
    everyone has forgot who he is
    I don't think so. That's his problem

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I don't think so. That's his problem
    Billy could of been one of the top managers in English football if he wasn't so far up his own arse and a bigot and left us in the Premier League because he couldn't work with a tight budget that we was on under the crook Adam Pearson. He couldn't handle the huge challenge that was put in front of him which showed when he left Derby under appalling circumstances and the fact that he didn't help with choosing his successor is another thing that cost us big time and got us relegated and got himself even more in the bad books and harmed his reputation.

Poor recruitment cost us in the end which it often does on most occasions has history shows, they panicked in bringing in Paul Jewel and the rest is history that is better of left being buried.

I'd be really careful about referring to Adam Pearson as a 'crook', R4J. As far as I'm aware he's a completely respectable businessman with interests at Hull RLFC and Leeds United. Unless you have evidence to support your suggestion I'd stfu quite quickly if I were you.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I'd be really careful about referring to Adam Pearson as a 'crook', R4J. As far as I'm aware he's a completely respectable businessman with interests at Hull RLFC and Leeds United. Unless you have evidence to support your suggestion I'd stfu quite quickly if I were you.
    He is no longer associated with Leeds or Hull and Adam Pearson was a penny pincher hold all his money to himself and never spent a penny at the clubs he was associated with. Good businessman not in the slightest....

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)