+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V Middlesbrough ?

V Middlesbrough ?

Following another truly uninspiring display V Brentford Steve Bruce is now under close scrutiny from our hierarchy

A failure to transform/inspire/stimulate this current sterile style & game plan will cast an enormous shadow over his tenure continuing beyond the derby with the “Noses” (Sunday 29th October)

“The Doctor will see you now Mr Bruce”

Davis, Green n Onomah are all out injured mate, and Kodjia could make the bench, if all goes ticketeeboo tonight in the U23/21s.
    I really can’t see this manager going 2 up front, so I’d expect a packed midfield with Hogan on his jack, chasing lost causes. Surely he won’t play Jedi AND Whelan so maybe Lansbury in the middle. We’re gonna need support down our left flank, as Traore has his wings on, so maybe Thor helping out Taylor & co. Adoma might be able to cover but who knows.According to all the ‘drinkers from the fountain of knowledge’ our best players always seem to be the ones who are not selected and because of that alone I’d put Adomah on the bench, for when Snodgrass tires.
    I’d love to see Hogan alongside another striker, but alas, tis never gonna happen on tuesday is it?

Johnstone

Bree
    Chester
    Terry
    Taylor

Snodgrass
    Lansbury
    Jedinak
    Hourihane
    Thor

Hogan

I'd be very surprised if SB is still our manager should we fail to get at least 4pts from our next two games freer, so the Derby game next month would be irrelevant. Should we get the points, I believe we'll go on a role and hammer the great unwashed in October, and on to greater things.

I really shouldn't drink in the morning

Your spot on Exiled,

It would require an astonishing “mood swing” for Bruce to go for it & play 2 up front

I wouldn't rule out Jedi AND Whelan in midfield with Samba offering another layer of protection in front of the back line thus continuing his Uber cautious approach

Strange how easily another coach metamorphosed Traore into the player WE signed eh ? Perhaps we could ask Gabby to do what he's best at I.e chase him up & down the pitch, as Gabby has no other obvious qualities ?

Adomah might be heading for the bomb squad now as Mr Bruce has a new option -Snodgrass to modify into an exhausted force/waste material

Lastly Exiled re: drinking in the morning

I never touch a drop before 06.30 a m !
    Last edited by freer; 11-09-2017 at 12:39 PM.

Johnstone
    Elmo Chester Terry Taylor
    Jedi Whelan
    Adomah Hourihane Snodgrass
    Gabby

Who's Gabby?

Players might raise their game vs 'boro under the lights, any lone striker nonsense will only force them to come onto us so 4-1-3-2 gets my vote.

SJ
    Bree/JT/JC/Taylor
    Jedi
    Albert/Lansbury/ELMO
    Hogan/Hourihane

My line up

Johnstone

Chester Terry
    Elmo Taylor
    Whelan Lansbury
    Hourihane
    Snodgrass Adomah
    Hogan

Steve's lineup

Johnstone

Hutton Chester Terry samba Taylor

Elmo Whelan Hourihane Snodgrass

Hogan

Well Bruce needs to get it right tonight as he pressure is on after our lacklustre start..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)