+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hodgson-not the right man for Palace.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    Hopefully this is one massive nail in the Crystal Palace coffin for this season. This appointment smacks of sheer desperation and no idea about a medium to long term plan. I am pretty certain when the Board appointed Sean Dyche to be our manager they had a fairly clear idea about how the club might develop over the next 3-5 years.
    It is not unlikely that Palace could have played eight games and be totally pointless. Will Woy get the boot then..?
    Last edited by The Bedlington Terrier; 13-09-2017 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It is not unlikely that Place could have played eight games and be totally pointless. Will Woy get the boot then..?
    Will Parish?

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    I am pretty certain when the Board appointed Sean Dyche to be our manager they had a fairly clear idea about how the club might develop over the next 3-5 years.
    Steady on Outwood, this is the Burnley board we're talking about, clear ideas, 5 year plans ? They certainly got it right with Dyche I'll give you that, but I suspect any long term planning was down to Dyche, and the board to their credit, have let him get on with it. I can't see our current position being down to the board though, they picked a winner with Dyche and have simply gone along for the ride imo, which I admit is far more sensible than Palace, who won't even let their horse out of the starting stalls.

I suppose you have to back your manager and hold your nerve if things get a bit "iffy".

I remember on here, several posters wanted shut of Dyche after some fairly mundane performances.

We got lucky, we have a fairly intelligent group on the Board who trust Dyche. That trust has been reciprocated by Dyche and I hope the "Dream Ticket" rumbles on.

I loved the fact that even after our last relegation there was no suggestion whatsoever that SD would be sacked. Back your manager and Stand by Your Man!

I would love to see the outcome if Palace are bottom at Christmas!

Really hope Roy fails miserably there.

Need as many teams as possible to struggle and would be priceless if it was Palace.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagull91 View Post
    Really hope Roy fails miserably there.

Need as many teams as possible to struggle and would be priceless if it was Palace.
    Yes but we really only three to flop totally

Looks like Roy has replaced Sammy Lee with Ray Lewington and is pleased with the squad after the first training session. Many of the backroom staff s em to be on the way out too. Must be costing Parish some more dosh.
    Their fans seem most upset about losing Sammy.
    Ah well.

wasnt Lewington with woy when england failed miserably at the last euros ?

Quote Originally Posted by In Dyche We Trust View Post
    wasnt Lewington with woy when england failed miserably at the last euros ?
    Yes indeedy, he was right behind Roy as Iceland tanned our backsides, and just as effing useless.

Well he has got a new record for leading the first club to no goals and no points after 5 games.
    He could create even more records soon.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)