We lost Keane and he was seamlessly replaced by Tarko, can Nick Pope seamlessly replace Tom Heaton ? I was confident enough about Tarko, I'm not so confident about Pope. Not for any particular failings, he's been OK what little I've seen of him, but what worries me is that Dyche didn't have enough confidence in him to promote him last season, preferring Robinson.

That's a stark difference from his attitude to Tarko, he was confident enough in Tarko's ability to even let him loose in midfield occasionally last season, he made no attempt to sign a replacement for Keane, he gave Tarko the number 5 shirt, Keane's place in the team, and the armband at Ewood, he could hardly have shown more confidence in him except perhaps flying a plane over Turf Moor trailing a 'Tarko's the man' banner.

He seems to have wrapped Pope in cotton wool in comparison so far, why ? What is it about Pope that worries him ? If he didn't think he was ready last season, is he now ? I'm sitting on the fence with this one, I think he'll be fine, but I'm not 100% convinced.

What do you think ?