+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Palace sack de Boer...

Palace sack de Boer...

Ridiculous IMHO!

Absolutely insane - they were the better team yesterday and it was the players who let the club down with poor finishing and a shocking backpass.

I have to agree BT.
    Obviously, we don't know what actually happens on the training ground and the internal machinations of any club, including our own, however, it did appear that the Palace players were putting in a shift on behalf of their manager yesterday and they played some good football but the lack of conversion of chances created is their big problem. I honestly don't see what else any manager could have done yesterday with an individual error leading to a 'soft' goal and then poor finishing contributing to their demise.
    Over the past 5 years they have had a net spend of £109,335,000 but only a net of £2,600,000 was spent this summer.
    He has some very talented players at his disposal, therefore, you have to question whether or not there are rumblings from certain of those players about training etc.
    On the face of it though, it is a crazy decision and poses a question as to the efficiency of the chap/board who appointed him in the first place.

Parish sacks the manager after just four games and is now asking everyone to stick together! Lunatic...

Attachment 6449

Absolutely crazy. I hope they drop into the nether regions of hell.

Sacked by a first class prat.No wonder Sean did not sign for them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Ridiculous IMHO!
    He must be the shortest serving PL manager.
    A very stupid decision especially given the way they played yesterday without their two star players.
    Parish might be out next!

I agree with everyone else, it's simply insane. I hope their stupidity backfires on them and they're relegated. What more could he have done, he changed the system, they played well, if Dann had scored that last minute sitter presumably they would have kept him on.

So a header goes 6 inches inside a post and the manager keeps his job, it goes six inches outside a post and you sack him. If they want to sack him that's their priviledge, but why sack him for something beyond his control, the result, when all that he could be held responsible for, the performance, was excellent.

Madness, but if one of our rivals want to self destruct, that's their problem, fine by me,

It might sound daft sinkov but they could well be as good as relegated before Christmas!

Two to go!

Doesn't sound daft to me BT, it's an unforgiving league is this, and Bournemouth, Palace and West Ham, are all 7 points behind us already. It's a lunatic asylum out there, all we have to do is be average to mediocre and we'll survive, as at least three teams will push the self destruct button.

And we are excellent at being average to mediocre.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)