+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How long are you a pie

How long are you a pie

I was asked the other day how long I have supported Notts and the answer is I started supporting them in 1998 and my first game was a 2-1 home defeat to Luton town in April 1999 (still have the ticket) so how long are you a pie and do you remember your first game home or away and score?

It was early in the 1969 season at home to Workington I think or somewhere around that time. Don't remember too much about it but Mick Rose was in goal and he got injured and they scored shortly afterwards. It ended 1-1.

I first started describing myself as a Notts County fan around 1984/85, but my first home game was a 1-0 win against Huddersfield Town on 24th February 1990 with Gary Lund scoring a last-minute winner. I've been virtually ever present at Meadow Lane since then, and for many years I attended lots of away games too, but not so much nowadays.

I started going the first season in the old 1st div. Been a steward since 1984/85 season

First game in 1961 at the age of 4 - so 56 years long years

Started watching Notts in 79,not being from a footballing family I didnt know who to watch,Forest or Notts so left it to fate,Notts was at home,Forest away and the rest is history

50 years. First match was away at Southend 66/67, my Dad was an exiled Notts fan and I supported Southend that day (they were local, almost). Notts lost 1-0. On the plus side, we won. Six months later, after moving to Nottingham, my Dad took took me again against Chester and this time I supported Notts, but we still lost, 2-1. Marshall scored for Notts. One week later we lost 4-0 to Chesterfield and were bottom of the entire league, so no bandwagon for me.

First game I attended was when I was 10ish, my brother took me. It was 65 or 66?? We beat Donkey Rovers 5-2 and Doc Pace??? got a hat trick??? Started going regularly a few years later, as a ****ager with mates from school, prob 69 or 70 ish.

1971 for me. Just been promoted from division 4 and my brother took me down. I said I would support Notts with him if we won and we did. We beat Rochdale 4-0. My first away match was the memorable win at Elland Road against Leeds.

Dec 1959. Notts v Bath City. FA Cup 2nd round. We lost 0-1. To make matters worse it was on Match of the Day that night.
    George Smith in goal. Stan Newsham and Roy Horribin up front with Don Roby on the wing.
    Got the programme and a ticket stub off ebay a couple of years back.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast