+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tony Mowbray ............

Tony Mowbray ............

I just to acknowledge him after a brilliant display in our game of the season on Sat. after years of crap. TM won us that, with great management. Nobody, not the fans, or more importantly them …..saw the side he would pick. Bennett playing CM and bossing the game, Samuel playing wide, and ripping their FB apart etc etc ……The crowds are back up, the last 2 have been around the 14k mark. For the first time this season, our home crowd got behind us on Sat. More will return as wins keep racking up. I trust in his signings on the whole (nobody gets every signing correct) but it’s a real coup to get Armstrong. What a class act he is, very very quick, he will play (and do a good job) out left where Antonsson had been playing. He will score goals. His signing will see us up. We will now finish top 2, I still maintain we will catch Wigan. Once they have come to Ewood and got a hiding, they will be 2 points in front (maybe less by then) and the race will be on. Our £300k bid for Bell from Fleetwood has been accepted, so he will arrive in the next 48 hours. Another potentially exciting signing, which I trust in TM's judgment. Let’s go for the title!!
    The last 2 matches I have been lucky enough to see at Ewood have been the best 2 matches (Scunny & Shrews) in donkeys years, way back before Allardyce took over. Enjoyable, the crowd are with us, the players and manager are together, and the club is being built up from the inside out. And that is all down to a very good, experienced manager. The comments from Shrews manager where disappointing. They got turned over. Tactically and physically. If not for a woeful ref display, it could’ve been 6/7 nil. Nobody saw the team he played coming, and it was match winning.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    I just to acknowledge him after a brilliant display in our game of the season on Sat. after years of crap. TM won us that, with great management. Nobody, not the fans, or more importantly them …..saw the side he would pick. Bennett playing CM and bossing the game, Samuel playing wide, and ripping their FB apart etc etc ……The crowds are back up, the last 2 have been around the 14k mark. For the first time this season, our home crowd got behind us on Sat. More will return as wins keep racking up. I trust in his signings on the whole (nobody gets every signing correct) but it’s a real coup to get Armstrong. What a class act he is, very very quick, he will play (and do a good job) out left where Antonsson had been playing. He will score goals. His signing will see us up. We will now finish top 2, I still maintain we will catch Wigan. Once they have come to Ewood and got a hiding, they will be 2 points in front (maybe less by then) and the race will be on. Our £300k bid for Bell from Fleetwood has been accepted, so he will arrive in the next 48 hours. Another potentially exciting signing, which I trust in TM's judgment. Let’s go for the title!!
    The last 2 matches I have been lucky enough to see at Ewood have been the best 2 matches (Scunny & Shrews) in donkeys years, way back before Allardyce took over. Enjoyable, the crowd are with us, the players and manager are together, and the club is being built up from the inside out. And that is all down to a very good, experienced manager. The comments from Shrews manager where disappointing. They got turned over. Tactically and physically. If not for a woeful ref display, it could’ve been 6/7 nil. Nobody saw the team he played coming, and it was match winning.
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves. TM has done OK, but only the least I expect. Our squad should run away with this league on paper.

oh here we go .....we start doing well again and here they come!! The knobs who all left us when things got tough. You wont have been on Ewood this season, you definitely wont have gone away games, we haven't been on Sky, so you wont be the kind of person I will have a chat about Rovers about. When we needed fans, you did one, so stay away now. We don't want negative ****e on here or at Ewood. This is a very hard league to get out of, stop talking rubbish. Sheff Utd took years to get out, Leeds did, Forest did. We have done really well this season, and we are getting our club back. What we don't want is the pricks returning, the hangers on, the protesters, the people who just turn up to moan. The posters who used to be on here etc. That's why its all good now, we have gotten rid of all that crap. Nobody wins anything on paper. Turning up and doing it, that's the hard part. Bit like fans staying away (when we need them most) telling everyone this and that should happen. Its not helpful, not wanted.

I must admit I am starting to see something special happening with our team and I am usually pretty pessimistic
    Gone are the journeymen and waste of space players replaced with a group of hardworking individuals who work for each other and the togetherness shown really is pleasing
    Rome wasn't built in a day but it's starting to take shape.

oh here we go .....we start doing well again and here they come!! The knobs who all left us when things got tough. You wont have been on Ewood this season, you definitely wont have gone away games, we haven't been on Sky, so you wont be the kind of person I will have a chat about Rovers about. When we needed fans, you did one, so stay away now. We don't want negative ****e on here or at Ewood. This is a very hard league to get out of, stop talking rubbish. Sheff Utd took years to get out, Leeds did, Forest did. We have done really well this season, and we are getting our club back. What we don't want is the pricks returning, the hangers on, the protesters, the people who just turn up to moan. The posters who used to be on here etc. That's why its all good now, we have gotten rid of all that crap. Nobody wins anything on paper. Turning up and doing it, that's the hard part. Bit like fans staying away (when we need them most) telling everyone this and that should happen. Its not helpful, not wanted.
    I rarely attended even in the premier league champs. Watched most games streaming. You know this...

BTW, didn't you post the other day that the riverside stand is full of moaning 'experts'..?

Robin - I tend to be cautious as well. One reason I've enjoyed Champs' posts over the years is that he has an infectious enthusiasm that has always made me feel more optimistic. Also, you are never left unsure about where he stands. It's a pity so many of the old regulars on RM have disappeared. It's quite hard to generate lively, extended discussions when there are only about six of us, talking among ourselves!
    The return of Saxo should stir up a bit more action.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Robin - I tend to be cautious as well. One reason I've enjoyed Champs' posts over the years is that he has an infectious enthusiasm that has always made me feel more optimistic. Also, you are never left unsure about where he stands. It's a pity so many of the old regulars on RM have disappeared. It's quite hard to generate lively, extended discussions when there are only about six of us, talking among ourselves!
    The return of Saxo should stir up a bit more action.
    Champs making me feel right at home again..

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Champs making me feel right at home again..
    You hardly bit! What's wrong with you?
    Anyway ... *******s, you went to games and watched some online like the rest of us!!
    As in all the 'experts' on the Riverside, I did say today on my TM post, that Sat was the first time the home fans have really got behind us. Away trust me, everyone who has gone has been immense!! Huge numbers, even when things where looking ropey at the start. Away is a complete different fan base. Pity they can't all go in one Stand at Ewood and generate a good atmosphere there too. I words with a guy earlier this season vrs Gilligham who was just spouting ****e about Dack all game! It was beyond mental. He played ok that day and we won?!

You hardly bit! What's wrong with you?
    Anyway ... *******s, you went to games and watched some online like the rest of us!!
    As in all the 'experts' on the Riverside, I did say today on my TM post, that Sat was the first time the home fans have really got behind us. Away trust me, everyone who has gone has been immense!! Huge numbers, even when things where looking ropey at the start. Away is a complete different fan base. Pity they can't all go in one Stand at Ewood and generate a good atmosphere there too. I words with a guy earlier this season vrs Gilligham who was just spouting ****e about Dack all game! It was beyond mental. He played ok that day and we won?!
    I can't argue with you. Your a much better fan than me in terms of attending. Most are tbh. If only I had more disposable income though, things might be different.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)