+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Performances matching the home strip

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Performances matching the home strip

Performances this season are as honking as our new home strip. When was the last time we had a good season wearing all tangerine? It's total tangerine overkill. The black away shorts would improve the overall look of the home kit if they swapped them around . Surely we could give this a try .
    McKinnon isnt for budging on formation so maybe a change of shorts is the best we can hope for under his tenure

lol, get what your saying mate but the strips the least oh oor concerns lol

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    lol, get what your saying mate but the strips the least oh oor concerns lol
    Nah, disagree with you on this topic OA. The overall appearance of the strip on display should be of huge importance to everyone connected with the club

Home kit should consist of Tangerine top with black collar and cuffs, black shorts with or without tangerine stripe, tangerine socks with two tangerine stripes. The socks should also feature tangerine flashes. The away strip should be white and black in same form as above.

Attention to detail in the 'uniform' of our club should not be altered or whored out in order to be 'fashionable'

Going to make myself unpopular here, I think the strip is excellent.
    Got it for my son and now I really want one too.
    If the strip matched the teams performance they'd be wearing yellow with brown stains on it.
    Cowards and ****e

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    Nah, disagree with you on this topic OA. The overall appearance of the strip on display should be of huge importance to everyone connected with the club

Home kit should consist of Tangerine top with black collar and cuffs, black shorts with or without tangerine stripe, tangerine socks with two tangerine stripes. The socks should also feature tangerine flashes. The away strip should be white and black in same form as above.

Attention to detail in the 'uniform' of our club should not be altered or whored out in order to be 'fashionable'
    I agree Alts. Let's get back to the early 70s when we had tangerine and black properly represented and the away black and white likewise.

Resurrected this old thread just to say Brighton (live this evening at West Ham) have got the same similar Nike strip sleeve issue as us. Our tangerine & jobbies is their yellow & snotters.

Nothing wrong with the strips this season, they are nice, we have had howlers with black shorts in the past, the third hummel kit with the weird light orange, all the tfgs, and the 2011/12 kits were both much much smarter with tangerines shorts for the home and black for the away

Saying that do want us to go back top black shorts for the next few seasons, it's good to change every few seasons back to all tangerine

The shoulders and arms look brown.

Yes right up close it’s really thin Tangerine and black stripes but we don’t watch the play on the pitch.

From the stands it looks brown.

I hate it.

Each to their own though. If people like it fair dos.

The strips ****e, just like the perormances.

The modern 'need' to change the design of the strips for every season (not just one strip but three), sometimes works, but often it doesn't. For me, this season's offering is close to being vomit inducing. As the Middle Eastern Subject above states, it is akin to our on field performances.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)