+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Far We Have Fallen

How Far We Have Fallen

I am now firmly in the get rid of McKinnon camp and although the following post is by no means all his fault (in fact very little of it is), it got me thinking of our current status and the aftermath of our sales spree of January 2015. I am still amazed/hurt/surprised at how far we have fallen in the past period of a little less than 3 years. Looking into it I am reminded of the first half of season 2014/2015 up to the end of January 2015. The difference between this period and the remainder of that season and what we have had to endure since is staggering. During the aforementioned period we topped the Premier League, cuffed the FUN 4 - 1 at Dens, 6 - 2 at Tannadice and put them out of the League Cup. We got to the League Cup final beating Aberdeen in the Semi, beat Celtic at Tannadice and were still high in the League at the end of January. The standard of football on display was scintillating at times during long win streaks and all was well in my footballing world.

The remainder of that season was bad enough losing to Celtic in the cups and to Dundee in the League but we still finished a comfortable 5th in the League, it is the dross we have had to endure the next season, last season and now up to date this season, where we seem clueless as to how to get back to our proper place in Scottish Football. I do not think we have a chance of promotion with the current manager and if I am, hopefully, proved wrong I will gladly eat my words.

Leaving aside all the statistics of wins etc., league position etc. the difference in the standard of football from late 2014 to now, only 3 years for goodness sake, is absolutely staggering and I truly despair as to ever seeing such stuff, as we saw then, again. I have never felt so low as a United supporter so Mr. Thompson, if in the unlikely event of you reading this post, firstly get shot of that total numpty McKinnon and then do the honourable thing and resign yourself. Your stewardship of our beloved club over the past 3 years has been appalling.

Lastly if there is any white knight out there waiting, don't wait too long; we need you now before our club sinks even further into the mire.

PS To all the happy clappers out there, you know who you are, spare me the "its not as bad as all that" routine or "give McKinnon to Xmas" crap we are in serious trouble now!!!

Fair City Middle Eastern Subject, you are merely committing to print what most Shedmen are wrestling with in their minds. Middle Eastern Sanitary Technician frequently posts here to remind us of our plight, but despite his clarion calls, the decline continues. Some even court denial , as though we will soon wake up from a bad dream. No matter who we bring in or what we do, it is my firm belief that as long as the Club is in the stranglehold of the Thompson regime, that is exactly what will become of our Club.

'McKinnon out,' though a highly understandable viewpoint, is in my view, a distraction from the main root of the problem. McKinnon may not get us promotion, but Thompson is steering us towards oblivion.

So ST is listening to you and the others on here and walks away. Who then is tasked with meeting any shortfall and running the club or do you all just kind of hope someone will do it.

If there is viable alternative then your comments are completely irrelevant.....

What exactly is the alternative if ST walked away today?. Please tell me what happens next and what is the plan for the rest of the season........

Quote Originally Posted by thefutureistangerine4 View Post
    So ST is listening to you and the others on here and walks away. Who then is tasked with meeting any shortfall and running the club or do you all just kind of hope someone will do it.

If there is viable alternative then your comments are completely irrelevant.....

What exactly is the alternative if ST walked away today?. Please tell me what happens next and what is the plan for the rest of the season........

The future is bleak if ST DOESN'T walk away! You can mump on about the rest of the season/ promotion, etc, but the real crux is the future of our Club. I can't understand your reasoning, i.e. 'if there is a viable alternative (to ST?) then our comments are completely irrelevant?'

I would suggest that with each passing day, whilst ST remains in charge, DUFC are becoming increasingly irrelevant in Scottish Football. Perhaps that is one reason why there are no obvious alternatives to him?

Well maybe better than the alternative we've got rather than the alternative we HAVEN'T got.
    Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    Well maybe better than the alternative we've got rather than the alternative we HAVEN'T got.
    Think about it.
    still rather be an arab than a bnb 45 years and the wait goes on and on and on

Dundee United FC aren't Dundee United FC any more. It feels like the Sword of Damocles is hanging over Tannadice, the Coup de Gras soon to be delivered. Does anyone see a stay of execution rather than a steady decline towards oblivion?

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    Dundee United FC aren't Dundee United FC any more. It feels like the Sword of Damocles is hanging over Tannadice, the Coup de Gras soon to be delivered. Does anyone see a stay of execution rather than a steady decline towards oblivion?
    we will always be dundee united fc fact get a grip lol

Quote Originally Posted by thefutureistangerine4 View Post

I feel that if there are any genuine white knights out there, they will only show face when Thompson is gone. The right thing for him to do is to offer his shares free to anyone who has the funds to make a difference at Tannadice. Often in these situations a buyer uses all his funds buying the club leaving none for ongoing investment. That we do not need as it would be little different than the current situation. Over to you Mr T go and go now, not forgetting to take McKinnon with you.

Quote Originally Posted by one team in city View Post
    we will always be dundee united fc fact get a grip lol
    Third Lanark supporters probably thought there would always be a Third Lanark!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)