+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Motson

Ah they dont make them like Moore anymore. Ah well good luck at Wembley, you never know you may actually win.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteram View Post
    Ah they dont make them like Moore anymore. Ah well good luck at Wembley, you never know you may actually win.
    Who knows Whitey kid, and tahh for your good wishes anyway lol.
    Yes we might actually surprise them because they are going to play a so called weaker side aren't they ?.
    But this is a Premship club here so their so called weaker side might easily hold their own in the Champship etc.

[QUOTE=macstheman;38652517]Obviously, the original Olympians would disagree with you rA as wrestling was in the early games. You are probably referring to the late Kent Walton, the king of wrestling commentary.[/
    Last edited by ramAnag; 14-09-2017 at 06:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Obviously, the original Olympians would disagree with you rA as wrestling was in the early games. You are probably referring to the late Kent Walton, the king of wrestling commentary.
    That's him mac...apparently he was also a DJ on Radio Luxembourg and was in a couple of early seventies **** films.
    Not sure Olympic wrestling had much in common with the pantomime glitz he commented on. Wasn't/isn't it all staged?

It's like in many sports where derivations are for entertainment and/or as a means of attracting an interest in the 'real thing' and certainly the wrestling of Kent's time was purely entertainment as is the modern day WWE. But I am sure that some kid got involved in the sport purely as a result of watching such 'entertainment' and may have even won a gold medal in he Olympics!! Who knows??
    For me it was a great laugh and good fun to watch and my kids loved WWE!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    It's like in many sports where derivations are for entertainment and/or as a means of attracting an interest in the 'real thing' and certainly the wrestling of Kent's time was purely entertainment as is the modern day WWE. But I am sure that some kid got involved in the sport purely as a result of watching such 'entertainment' and may have even won a gold medal in he Olympics!! Who knows??
    For me it was a great laugh and good fun to watch and my kids loved WWE!!
    The World Of Sport coverage generally had three comedy bouts and then a serious bout, and I guess the serious side of the sport in those days funded its elf off the audience attending the comedy stuff

Forgot David Lloyd. How could I forget Bumble? The most entertaining and knowledgeable commentator around today by miles.
    Very fine cricketer...decent footballer...superb commentator.

Of course 'start the car' Bumble. Can make even the most boring cricket match entertaining!!

Bumble is as mad as a ships cat but that's why he is a league apart in cricket commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    You don't mean John Helm do you, that boring git and former YTV frontman who will do any old naff commentary these days, just as long as the moneys right ?.
    Yes the one.
    But gotta be fair old chap. He was boring in the day but had improved tremendously.
    Extremely knowledgeable.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)