+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: League Match 6: Doonhamers v Ton

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    Not sure what you base this improvement on. By my reckoning he has started 2 games since then one of which was a stroll in the park against Berwick.
    I`ll be happy enough if Ronney comes back in at RB but we have looked pretty decent in a number of games with Fordyce there.
    Well I had him as man of the match at the Dumbarton game.
    Last edited by ALBERTZ_11; 17-09-2017 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    https://youtu.be/iSYhqCnhONU View from away end
    Watched this Ton fan's Vlogs before and they are fairly entertaining....

What a stupid defensive pass, if you can call it that, for Quitongo's first goal.
    Both goals had something in common, he was completely unmarked. We should have had a midfielder nipping his heels all game. It's easy to blame a defender.

Overall I think we deserved a point. Excellent save by the keeper from Dobbies header was it? And on another day the free kick which rattled between the post and keeper could easily have crept in.

I've no complaints about Queens overall performance on Saturday, - and over the piece they were extremely unlucky not to get at least a draw.

Two concerns: Martin needs to improve his fitness and start collecting crosses as well as reading the game a lot faster. Robinson for all his faults would not have allowed the chaos in defence that occurred on several occasions on Saturday. It may be that we need to find another goalkeeper who can act as a sweeper as well as do what the job title says on the tin!

As mentioned by Deek above, Tapping should have been given the task of marking Quitongo at all times to keep him out of the game, - or at least minimise his contribution. Yes it was a brilliant goal, - but Mr. Q was given far too much space and time in the first half....and I'm surprised that Naysmith hadn't got that under control ahead of the game......it wasn't as if we didn't know how well he'd played the previous week.
    Did Queens not have a representative watch that match?

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    I've no complaints about Queens overall performance on Saturday, - and over the piece they were extremely unlucky not to get at least a draw.

Two concerns: Martin needs to improve his fitness and start collecting crosses as well as reading the game a lot faster. Robinson for all his faults would not have allowed the chaos in defence that occurred on several occasions on Saturday. It may be that we need to find another goalkeeper who can act as a sweeper as well as do what the job title says on the tin!

As mentioned by Deek above, Tapping should have been given the task of marking Quitongo at all times to keep him out of the game, - or at least minimise his contribution. Yes it was a brilliant goal, - but Mr. Q was given far too much space and time in the first half....and I'm surprised that Naysmith hadn't got that under control ahead of the game......it wasn't as if we didn't know how well he'd played the previous week.
    Did Queens not have a representative watch that match?
    I agree Martin did not look right throughout the game - maybe a fitness thing. I also agree about Quitongo - it was fairly obvious to the well informed that he was the danger man and shud have been heavily marked from the start. He faded right out of the game due to tight marking as the game progressed but by that time it was too late. I'm concerned at the amount of away games that Queens face as it may stifle our momentum.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)