+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: West Ham on Saturday.

West Ham on Saturday.

We must select a more attacking side against West Ham on Saturday. Let's face it, they can't be relishing coming to the Hawthorns after their last few visits so let's 'go for the throat' right from the start. I'll select my XI now and hope that TP is of a similar mind set.

Foster
    Nyom Dawson Evans Gibbs
    Krychowiak Barry
    Phillips Chadli Brunt
    Rodrigues

Subs: Myhill McCauley Hagazi Morrison McLean Robson-Kanu Burke Livermore

I realise that it's a bit of a risk playing Chadli but he terrorised them last year although I can't see TP agreeing with me on this one. Sorry, but I can't find a place for Rondon. That's not a bad bench either. Whatever side he selects it must not include three holding mid-fielders!

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    We must select a more attacking side against West Ham on Saturday. Let's face it, they can't be relishing coming to the Hawthorns after their last few visits so let's 'go for the throat' right from the start. I'll select my XI now and hope that TP is of a similar mind set.

Foster
    Nyom Dawson Evans Gibbs
    Krychowiak Barry
    Phillips Chadli Brunt
    Rodrigues

I realise that it's a bit of a risk playing Chadli but he terrorised them last year although I can't see TP agreeing with me on this one. Sorry, but I can't find a place for Rondon. That's not a bad bench either. Whatever side he selects it must not include three holding mid-fielders!
    I would go for a similar side, if he doesn't play Chadli I wouldn't be too disappointed if McClean played instead. What he lacks in quality he makes up for in legs and energy.

I would definitely have Rondon as a sub, think its too early for McCauley.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post

Foster
    Nyom Dawson Evans Gibbs
    Krychowiak Barry
    Phillips Chadli Brunt
    Rodrigues

Slight difference from me this time Leicester. I know a lot of people on here are not fans of his but I would start with James Morrison instead of Chadli in the centre of the 3 as you have it.

You're dreaming if you think Gibbs will be given a start until he's bulked up like Fatima Whitbread.

The back four will be....Nyom,Dawson,Evans,Brunt,

The holders will be the Pole and Barry,

The forward three midfielders will be Phillips,Livermore,Rodriguez,

All topped off with that pile of dung at CF.

The team SHOULD be,

Foster,

Dawson,Hegazi,Evans,Brunt

Barry

Phillips The Pole chadli

J Rod HRK

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    You're dreaming if you think Gibbs will be given a start until he's bulked up like Fatima Whitbread.

The back four will be....Nyom,Dawson,Evans,Brunt,

The holders will be the Pole and Barry,

The forward three midfielders will be Phillips,Livermore,Rodriguez,

All topped off with that pile of dung at CF.

The team SHOULD be,

Foster,

Dawson,Hegazi,Evans,Brunt

Barry

Phillips The Pole chadli

J Rod HRK
    I like your team!

Can't see Chadli getting a look in again. I hope i'm wrong but it bleats on about quality in the final third then bombs him out.
    Wishful thinking 3,5,,1,1.
    Try something different.
    Foster
    Dawson, Hegazi, Evans
    Phillips,Barry Krychoviak, Brunt, Gibbs
    Chadli
    Rodriguez

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Slight difference from me this time Leicester. I know a lot of people on here are not fans of his but I would start with James Morrison instead of Chadli in the centre of the 3 as you have it.
    I have to admit that it was a toss up between Chadli and Morrison, as I am also a fan of his. The main reason for going for Chadli is that he has 'previous' against the Hammers.

Assuming that all are available to play, I would go for this lineup

Foster, Dawson, Hegazi, Evans, Gibbs,
    Burke, Barry, Kry***, Brunt, Chadli, Rodriguez.

Too positive for Pulis probably.

It's very interesting looking at the sides various posters select. We all have differing opinions as to the personel but virtually to a man we all select a far more attacking side than the one that will probably be selected.

I'd go:

Foster

Nyom Dawson, Evans, Gibbs

Krychowiak, Barry

Phillips, Chadli, McClean

Rodriguez

Subs: Myhill, Hegazi, Yacob, Brunt, Morrison, Burke, Robson-Kanu

No place for Livermore or Rondon in the squad, in their present form.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)