+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone understand *******s?

The bubble WILL burst, of that you can be certain, they all do eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by whittyclaretandblue View Post
    People have made a lot of money from them but these are the people who bought a few at the start 10 or so yrs ago when you could get them for a dollar apiece. they say they are secure but as there is nothing physical like other commodities what is to stop them just disappearing into the ether. if you want to see how secure they are google '******* robbery' millions of $ have just vanished.
    The price has rocketed and doesn't look like slowing but I was talking to somebody who trades stocks and he said unless you have a lot of money they are not really a good investment now the price has gone so high, a lot of seasoned traders expect the bubble to burst its just a case of when and how much of a hit people take. It reminds me of the old pyramid schemes buy in early you can make money buy in late and poof your money is gone one morning.
    I could be wrong and it may keep going up but I certainly wouldn't be risking large sums of money on something that doesn't really exist apart from on the internet.
    I share your concerns and wouldn’t invest a lot, but it isn’t a pyramid, there are 21 million of them less some 5 million or so that people have lost (eg when moving to a new computer) or forgotten their customer information. That seems more of a problem to me. The Winklevoss twins who sued Zuckerberg for pinching their idea for Facebook are one of the largest investors and have done nicely thank you. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...-billionaires/

A lot of others are drug dealers and criminals who can use them to launder money - there are some 90 cashpoint machines in the UK that take cash and give you *******s -ideal for the underworld as you can cash them into any currency in the future. I think Kim Jong Un is another buyer!!

There are also some other digital currencies that I know nothing about.

IT all seems a bit dodgy to me

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    I share your concerns and wouldn’t invest a lot, but it isn’t a pyramid, there are 21 million of them less some 5 million or so that people have lost (eg when moving to a new computer) or forgotten their customer information. That seems more of a problem to me. The Winklevoss twins who sued Zuckerberg for pinching their idea for Facebook are one of the largest investors and have done nicely thank you. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...-billionaires/

A lot of others are drug dealers and criminals who can use them to launder money - there are some 90 cashpoint machines in the UK that take cash and give you *******s -ideal for the underworld as you can cash them into any currency in the future. I think Kim Jong Un is another buyer!!

There are also some other digital currencies that I know nothing about.
    That's the thing my hard drive died on my pc last month so had to buy another, so if I had 10 *******s stored on my PC which more and more people are doing instead of electronic wallets would I have lost circa 100k at todays prices or 40k at last months prices just because some $10 cheap chinese piece of tech decided it had had enough, wouldn't happen with your bank account or stock trading. the criminals love the stuff which will eventually see it regulated or worse and that's if it doesn't fall off the planet. It would have been nice to put $100 in to it in 2010 or if you have millions in the bank stick a few 100k in now, anything else and its too big a risk. Some folk will say its not that risky but they are the ones who probably have a lot invested and wake up every morning hoping that todays not the day its all vanished into some Russian/Chinese/N Korean hackers back pocket and there's not a damn thing that can be done about it because it never really existed.

They are now down to $8500 and it seems there are child abuse images in the block chain which makes it illegal to have on your computer in 112 countries.

German researchers have discovered that criminals have embedded objectionable content including links to child abuse images within the ******* blockchain.

Researchers from RWTH Aachen University said that the issue lay with how the blockchain - the indelible distributed ledger that records all ******* transactions - can also record other arbitrary data.

In their paper presented at a conference in Curacao, the team wrote: "Although court rulings do not yet exist, legislative texts from countries such as Germany, the UK, or the US suggest that illegal content such as (child ***ual exploitation images) can make the blockchain illegal to possess for all users."

The discovery potentially means that possession of the blockchain - which is necessary to participate in ******* - could be illegal in at least 112 countries.

More than 90% of the arbitrary data stored in the blockchain is of short messages and pictures, researchers found, and other possible objectionable content includes malware and viruses.

If only I knew what a block chain was!!

If you took your *******s down the local chippy, how many would you need for chips, mushy peas and gravy ?

Like driverless cars really, steer well clear!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    If you took your *******s down the local chippy, how many would you need for chips, mushy peas and gravy ?
    About 1/1700 of one at current prices .. but finding a chippy that takes them may be a big problem.

You’de better go to *******talk forum (https://*******talk.org/). There you'll find more info about what’s *******. 99*******s is also good. My personal opinion: ******* is great and I consider it as one of the best side earnings, especially if you mine. Better do it yourself, but cloud mining is also quite good. If you’re interested in this, you can read these reviews (http://miningtop10.com/genesis-mining-review/) about the corresponding services.

Quote Originally Posted by upfoolder View Post
    You’de better go to *******talk forum (https://*******talk.org/). There you'll find more info about what’s *******. 99*******s is also good. My personal opinion: ******* is great and I consider it as one of the best side earnings, especially if you mine. Better do it yourself, but cloud mining is also quite good. If you’re interested in this, you can read these reviews (http://miningtop10.com/genesis-mining-review/) about the corresponding services.
    Which team do you support mate?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)