+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone understand *******s?

Does anyone understand *******s?

I'm have not a clue what these are, but their value has gone up from $500 last September to $4500 today.
    https://charts.*******.com/chart/price

That's some investment.

It seems that you need a key to use them and one person lost all their *******s when the lost their computer.
    Computer spammers want paid in *******s and Kim Jong is using them to avoid sanctions

Hackers from Kim Jong Un’s regime are increasing their attacks on cryptocurrency exchanges in South Korea and related sites, according to a new report from security researcher FireEye Inc. They also breached an English-language ******* news website and collected ******* ransom payments from global victims of the malware WannaCry, according to the researcher.

Is anyone into these. Wikipedia makes little sense on this, but I'm aging. Some sprightly youngster with more brain cells might help.

I was advised recently by someone who I trust to invest in these *******s, he explained what you had to do, but I'm like you OC, it all went over my head and seemed far too complicated for me to get involved with. He tells me I'm being foolish and missing out on the investment opportunity of a lifetime, but I can't invest in something I don't understand.

I've also read 'Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds', which puts me off anything like this.
    Last edited by sinkov; 12-09-2017 at 10:22 PM.

This is supposed to help but at £4000 each I think I'll leave them.

What is it?
    A digital currency, used to make payments of any value without fees. It runs on the blockchain, a decentralised ledger kept running by “miners” whose powerful computers crunch transactions and are rewarded in *******s

Who invented it?
    Satoshi Nakamoto, a secretive internet user, invented ******* in 2008 before it went online in 2009. Many attempts to identify Satoshi have been made without conclusive proof

Financiers say it is a fraud
    JPMorgan Chase chairman and CEO Jamie Dimon spoke out against cryptocurrency ******* on Tuesday

He said the currency 'is a fraud' that will eventually 'blow up'
    'Honestly, I am just shocked that anyone can't see it for what it is,' he said
    ******* slid by more than 10 percent on Wednesday, after Dimon's speech

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...d-blow-up.html

I have no interest in ******* currency, nor do I understand it, nor do I care to understand it. It seems to be an ‘underground currency’, not totally legal. I may change my mind when I can put paper ******* in my wallet, in my back pocket and use it to buy petrol, groceries etc. I rarely use credit cards, never use a debit card, I’m a dinosaur, cash is king in my world.

So if I bought myself some, could I then use them to buy tulip bulbs, or maybe Enron-shares and make even more money?

Quote Originally Posted by afloatinclaret View Post
    So if I bought myself some, could I then use them to buy tulip bulbs, or maybe Enron-shares and make even more money?
    Probably not and as China acts to close down its trading arm their value has dropped a lot in the last couple of days

The cryptocurrency traded at $3,385.15 at 4:17 p.m. in New York, far below an all-time high of $5,013.91 set earlier this month.
    BTC China said in a tweet Thursday that it will close down its operations by Sept. 30 as Chinese authorities crack down on cryptocurrencies.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2017/09/14/bitc...s-closing.html
    Last edited by oldcolner; 14-09-2017 at 10:26 PM.

Worth a refresh
    I wish I had put money in to them even though I don’t understand them. They started the year around £500 and are now over £10000 each.
    This article suggests they will rise to 15000 by the end of December and rise ten times more by the end of 2018 and become legit.

http://www.ibtimes.com/why-*******s-...expert-2623457

The problem is selling them again..

People have made a lot of money from them but these are the people who bought a few at the start 10 or so yrs ago when you could get them for a dollar apiece. they say they are secure but as there is nothing physical like other commodities what is to stop them just disappearing into the ether. if you want to see how secure they are google '******* robbery' millions of $ have just vanished.
    The price has rocketed and doesn't look like slowing but I was talking to somebody who trades stocks and he said unless you have a lot of money they are not really a good investment now the price has gone so high, a lot of seasoned traders expect the bubble to burst its just a case of when and how much of a hit people take. It reminds me of the old pyramid schemes buy in early you can make money buy in late and poof your money is gone one morning.
    I could be wrong and it may keep going up but I certainly wouldn't be risking large sums of money on something that doesn't really exist apart from on the internet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)