+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Patrick Cryne

We knew this was coming, sort of didn't we, but its still sickening to have to read this sad 'official' news from Mr Cryne himself and I think a lot of us have really been taken back a bit by these comments tonight.
    Its hard to know what to say at times like this isn't it, and by the way thats a nice touch from you Blunts fans Rod, Gray, and '58, both on here and on your own teams board. Im sure we all appreciate it when rival fans make genuine comments like that.

So sad when this illness strikes , Brave man to put in words like he has about the future, knowing he probably won't see any of it happen Thanks Mr Patrick Cryne for all you have done keeping our Football club going and thanks to our Blades visitors on this thread , I'm sure most of us appreciate your kind sentiments, Forza di Reds

i think any criticism of him is born out of the fact he isn't an oil billionaire he is just a good businessman who made some money and did something bonkers with, saved us. this last couple seasons has been brilliant, and he's been instrumental. I give the programme some stick at times and call it a waste of money, but that page tonight is probably the most profound thing you'll see in print this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bankendbfc View Post
    i think any criticism of him is born out of the fact he isn't an oil billionaire he is just a good businessman who made some money and did something bonkers with, saved us. this last couple seasons has been brilliant, and he's been instrumental. I give the programme some stick at times and call it a waste of money, but that page tonight is probably the most profound thing you'll see in print this year.
    Makes you think........Makes you think hard.
    True fan who did what we all say we would do when we win big money

Only he has done it.

Thank you Patrick.

I know it's an old cliché burrit really does put football and all the stuff we all write on here into perspective

God bless Mr Cryne, I hope you get to see the Reds achieve what you want them to. my thought are with you and your family, and I for one will never forget what you have done and given for our team,and I know that you will do what is in the interest of BFC, may you never have to live in pain. Thank you for all that you have done

I for one, found that very hard to listen to on radio Sheffield last night.

You've got to be very careful what you wish for in modern football. In an age of consortiums, take-overs, foreign ownership in a climate where cash is king more than it ever has been, how many clubs can say they're led by an owner who has the club in his heart?

We as fans are lucky that we don't ever have to question that every decision Patrick Cryne makes/made (regardless of whether hindsight proved them right or wrong) was made in the best interests of a football club and not a bank account. That point shouldn't be underestimated.

In my eyes Patrick Cryne is an honest man supporters can relate to, whose integrity and pride in his hometown club should never be up for debate.

Thoughts with his family.

My thoughts are with him and his family. I know I've posted some harsh criticisms over the past few months but I wouldn't wish this on anybody.

Villa Supporter here I have just read the page printed by Patrick Cryne and would like to pass on my best wishes to him and his family as well as everyone connected to Barnsley FC, I really hope he can fight this and see out the rest of the season and beyond I did see the pictures of him shown at the game tonight he looked gaunt but what a brave man who can still attend and support his team at a time like this, my respects and regards to him and I wish Barnsley FC all the best for the season

Quote Originally Posted by appac View Post
    Villa Supporter here I have just read the page printed by Patrick Cryne and would like to pass on my best wishes to him and his family as well as everyone connected to Barnsley FC, I really hope he can fight this and see out the rest of the season and beyond I did see the pictures of him shown at the game tonight he looked gaunt but what a brave man who can still attend and support his team at a time like this, my respects and regards to him and I wish Barnsley FC all the best for the season
    Tahh for that Appac, and Im sure we all appreciate it when fans mean it and don't try to make comments just for the sake of it (if you know what I mean).
    Anyway I do post on your Villingham board and I will be posting about this match, so I look forward to saying hello to you again on Brummie Mad soon.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast