shopify analytics
+ Visit Rotherham United FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Walsall Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Great match, great result, however........we gave the ball away too many times with misplaced passes.

Goal scorer for Walsall should have been sent off way before he scored.
    Grist I pointed that out also to the gang I was sat with.

Booked first half and a late challenge on Vaulks so he should have walked.

Great result. Didn't go for fear of meeting Storm Aileen on the way back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    My thoughts exactly. The amount of stick Moore is getting, he's bound to get injured sooner or later. Ball isn't a target man, and neither is anyone else in the squad other than perhaps JCH and we all know the problem with that.
    JCH was not even on the bench last night.Only other squad player that might be able to fill that role is Muskwe. If Warney isn't going to give him the chance, we really need to sign another target man as soon as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Grist I pointed that out also to the gang I was sat with.

Booked first half and a late challenge on Vaulks so he should have walked.
    The ref called their captain over to tell him that their number 20 was on his last warning. When he fouled again the ref couldn't force himself to look at the player who had committed the foul knowing it was him. He should have been sent off for sure but I will say that I was impressed with him. Who ever he is I'd like him to be a Rotherham player.

I also liked the look of their number 5. He was the only player I've seen so far able to cope with Moore.

We have a very intelligent number 10 in David ball who if played all season would get 15 goals. Problem is I'm not sure he fits our style of play.. watch his unselfish dummy last night for frecks 3rd. He has a glance behind just as he makes his run across the box.. if he played ball we have to play it on deck and and if we do hoof it it needs to be in the channels
    Said it before. Why keep JCH and Yates if they are only bench/ stand warmers.

Agree frog. Said last night. I've never seen wood loose so many headers Vs a number 9 (20). A good target man.

Baayoko is their star man according to last nights programme

No 5 is Jon Guthrie, good player

The Millers were well worth the 4 - 0 after 30 minutes, ( A gang of us backed em to win 4 - 0 ), the second half they let Walsall get into the game, but got over the burst of Walsall having a go back.

But after Moore went off it showed the club desperately need another front man, Ball came on for Moore, he never won a ball in the air, he needs the ball at his feet, Moore came up against a decent centre half, who did a decent job on him.
    JCH doesn't seem to be in with a shout, so get another centre forward in, Moore gets injured or goes back in January the club will be found short.
    With Moores form it looks like he will go back to Ipswich Town or another championship club will come in & buy him in the January window, wage wise we can't beat the top clubs in the championship.

I thought Ball did well when he came on looked sharp and tbh a good player.

Re bakayoko , wonder why their fans seemed to be booing him and cheered when he was subbed ?

Agree Ball played his part, but he is not a natural front man who can lead the line, we need a big strong front man to hold up the ball & feed such has Ball.

Great first half but relaxed and sat back too much in the second half.

Potter was immense in his deep sitting midfield role..Our very best signing.

We look like a promotion side with a great bench so we can bring players off to rest or to steal a game.

JCH situation is a shame..I can tell you that it's just got a lot worse and we won't be seeing Jonno...which is a great shame as having on the bench to run a tired defence would be a great weapon to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    The Millers were well worth the 4 - 0 after 30 minutes, ( A gang of us backed em to win 4 - 0 ), the second half they let Walsall get into the game, but got over the burst of Walsall having a go back.

But after Moore went off it showed the club desperately need another front man, Ball came on for Moore, he never won a ball in the air, he needs the ball at his feet, Moore came up against a decent centre half, who did a decent job on him.
    JCH doesn't seem to be in with a shout, so get another centre forward in, Moore gets injured or goes back in January the club will be found short.
    With Moore's form it looks like he will go back to Ipswich Town or another championship club will come in & buy him in the January window, wage wise we can't beat the top clubs in the championship.
    I agree with the match analysis Ericslad. Walsall are not a bad side, so its inevitable that they would raise their game in 2nd half. There is a thing called professional pride after all. We rode out the storm so to speak and started to gain back control culminating in the 5th goal. I thought the overall performance was perhaps not as sharp as against Bury, but that , for me, speaks volumes of what this side may be capable of.

Another front man would be nice, but if we are going to get an out of contract player, or someone else, it will take time for them to get match fit. Listening to the radio and reading comments on this site, its obvious that we are all worried about Moore in terms of whether he gets injured, returned to Ipswich, or whether another club go for him in January. Fact is there's nowt us fans can do about it. However, Paul Warne has not made many mistakes in his recruitment and the way he's got the team playing. I am 100% sure he is aware of all the pitfalls and has already got a few plans in place for all circumstances.

So really we have got put our faith in him and hope that plan A (signing Keifer) is achieved in January. Much will depend on whether TS is serious about what he wants to achieve this season. After all, he offered 2.4 million for a Millwall striker didn't he? I am certain that would land Moore.

JCH isn't going to get into our squad and if people don't know what the problem is then you have to question what they know about football.
    Very good first half performance from the lads last night and you can't help but think there's more to come from this group of players.
    Several stand out performers, Frecks obviously plus Potter, Towell and Taylor but for me, a contender for man of the match (after Frecks) was Joe Mattock.
    Well done to all the players, please keep it going.

Moore would cost nowhere near 2 million

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    JCH isn't going to get into our squad and if people don't know what the problem is then you have to question what they know about football.
    Very good first half performance from the lads last night and you can't help but think there's more to come from this group of players.
    Several stand out performers, Frecks obviously plus Potter, Towell and Taylor but for me, a contender for man of the match (after Frecks) was Joe Mattock.
    Indeed!

Ihiekwe was once again immense. Getting better with each game, perhaps partly due to having Wood alongside him. Reads the game brilliantly, organises and communicates, our best signing of the summer IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Mellow spot on what's this fascination with JCH?

Apart from hit the ball really hard what has he done to warrant this adulation?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    Ihiekwe was once again immense. Getting better with each game, perhaps partly due to having Wood alongside him. Reads the game brilliantly, organises and communicates, our best signing of the summer IMO.
    Hes going to be a great player when he learns hes isnt Beckebauer and doesnt try 80 yard passes to the opposition goalkeeper. He didnt do that last night but he made a mess of 3 simple 10 yard passes.

As a defender he needs to learn to give the ball to someone else who can pass, Hopefully he will learn off woody

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast