+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Walsall Post Match Thoughts

Re bakayoko , wonder why their fans seemed to be booing him and cheered when he was subbed ?

Agree Ball played his part, but he is not a natural front man who can lead the line, we need a big strong front man to hold up the ball & feed such has Ball.

Great first half but relaxed and sat back too much in the second half.

Potter was immense in his deep sitting midfield role..Our very best signing.

We look like a promotion side with a great bench so we can bring players off to rest or to steal a game.

JCH situation is a shame..I can tell you that it's just got a lot worse and we won't be seeing Jonno...which is a great shame as having on the bench to run a tired defence would be a great weapon to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    The Millers were well worth the 4 - 0 after 30 minutes, ( A gang of us backed em to win 4 - 0 ), the second half they let Walsall get into the game, but got over the burst of Walsall having a go back.

But after Moore went off it showed the club desperately need another front man, Ball came on for Moore, he never won a ball in the air, he needs the ball at his feet, Moore came up against a decent centre half, who did a decent job on him.
    JCH doesn't seem to be in with a shout, so get another centre forward in, Moore gets injured or goes back in January the club will be found short.
    With Moore's form it looks like he will go back to Ipswich Town or another championship club will come in & buy him in the January window, wage wise we can't beat the top clubs in the championship.
    I agree with the match analysis Ericslad. Walsall are not a bad side, so its inevitable that they would raise their game in 2nd half. There is a thing called professional pride after all. We rode out the storm so to speak and started to gain back control culminating in the 5th goal. I thought the overall performance was perhaps not as sharp as against Bury, but that , for me, speaks volumes of what this side may be capable of.

Another front man would be nice, but if we are going to get an out of contract player, or someone else, it will take time for them to get match fit. Listening to the radio and reading comments on this site, its obvious that we are all worried about Moore in terms of whether he gets injured, returned to Ipswich, or whether another club go for him in January. Fact is there's nowt us fans can do about it. However, Paul Warne has not made many mistakes in his recruitment and the way he's got the team playing. I am 100% sure he is aware of all the pitfalls and has already got a few plans in place for all circumstances.

So really we have got put our faith in him and hope that plan A (signing Keifer) is achieved in January. Much will depend on whether TS is serious about what he wants to achieve this season. After all, he offered £2.4 million for a Millwall striker didn't he? I am certain that would land Moore.

JCH isn't going to get into our squad and if people don't know what the problem is then you have to question what they know about football.
    Very good first half performance from the lads last night and you can't help but think there's more to come from this group of players.
    Several stand out performers, Frecks obviously plus Potter, Towell and Taylor but for me, a contender for man of the match (after Frecks) was Joe Mattock.
    Well done to all the players, please keep it going.

Moore would cost nowhere near £2 million

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    JCH isn't going to get into our squad and if people don't know what the problem is then you have to question what they know about football.
    Very good first half performance from the lads last night and you can't help but think there's more to come from this group of players.
    Several stand out performers, Frecks obviously plus Potter, Towell and Taylor but for me, a contender for man of the match (after Frecks) was Joe Mattock.
    Indeed!

Ihiekwe was once again immense. Getting better with each game, perhaps partly due to having Wood alongside him. Reads the game brilliantly, organises and communicates, our best signing of the summer IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Mellow spot on what's this fascination with JCH?

Apart from hit the ball really hard what has he done to warrant this adulation?

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    Ihiekwe was once again immense. Getting better with each game, perhaps partly due to having Wood alongside him. Reads the game brilliantly, organises and communicates, our best signing of the summer IMO.
    Hes going to be a great player when he learns hes isnt Beckebauer and doesnt try 80 yard passes to the opposition goalkeeper. He didnt do that last night but he made a mess of 3 simple 10 yard passes.

As a defender he needs to learn to give the ball to someone else who can pass, Hopefully he will learn off woody

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast