+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Walsall Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Great match, great result, however........we gave the ball away too many times with misplaced passes.

Goal scorer for Walsall should have been sent off way before he scored.
    Grist I pointed that out also to the gang I was sat with.

Booked first half and a late challenge on Vaulks so he should have walked.

Great result. Didn't go for fear of meeting Storm Aileen on the way back.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    My thoughts exactly. The amount of stick Moore is getting, he's bound to get injured sooner or later. Ball isn't a target man, and neither is anyone else in the squad other than perhaps JCH and we all know the problem with that.
    JCH was not even on the bench last night.Only other squad player that might be able to fill that role is Muskwe. If Warney isn't going to give him the chance, we really need to sign another target man as soon as possible

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Grist I pointed that out also to the gang I was sat with.

Booked first half and a late challenge on Vaulks so he should have walked.
    The ref called their captain over to tell him that their number 20 was on his last warning. When he fouled again the ref couldn't force himself to look at the player who had committed the foul knowing it was him. He should have been sent off for sure but I will say that I was impressed with him. Who ever he is I'd like him to be a Rotherham player.

I also liked the look of their number 5. He was the only player I've seen so far able to cope with Moore.

We have a very intelligent number 10 in David ball who if played all season would get 15 goals. Problem is I'm not sure he fits our style of play.. watch his unselfish dummy last night for frecks 3rd. He has a glance behind just as he makes his run across the box.. if he played ball we have to play it on deck and and if we do hoof it it needs to be in the channels
    Said it before. Why keep JCH and Yates if they are only bench/ stand warmers.

Agree frog. Said last night. I've never seen wood loose so many headers Vs a number 9 (20). A good target man.

Baayoko is their star man according to last nights programme

No 5 is Jon Guthrie, good player

The Millers were well worth the 4 - 0 after 30 minutes, ( A gang of us backed em to win 4 - 0 ), the second half they let Walsall get into the game, but got over the burst of Walsall having a go back.

But after Moore went off it showed the club desperately need another front man, Ball came on for Moore, he never won a ball in the air, he needs the ball at his feet, Moore came up against a decent centre half, who did a decent job on him.
    JCH doesn't seem to be in with a shout, so get another centre forward in, Moore gets injured or goes back in January the club will be found short.
    With Moores form it looks like he will go back to Ipswich Town or another championship club will come in & buy him in the January window, wage wise we can't beat the top clubs in the championship.

I thought Ball did well when he came on looked sharp and tbh a good player.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast