+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Walsall Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Flippin eck, The trouble is we will start to expect this every week! On a cautious note we do need someone big up front cos if Keefers knacked so are we. Getting a big lad in asap could be the difference between us having an average season and a bloody brilliant one..but well done lads again today. If we play like that all season we wont be far off. Last season we had a league1 team in the championship this year, dare i say it, we have a championship team in Div 1 and long may it continue.
    My thoughts exactly. The amount of stick Moore is getting, he's bound to get injured sooner or later. Ball isn't a target man, and neither is anyone else in the squad other than perhaps JCH and we all know the problem with that.

I was one of those hoping for Frecklington to be dropped but not because i don't think he had it anymore but because i don't think he's been on form but im happy to be proved wrong whenever the millers benefit and he put in a great performance that we all know he can do and why he's my all time favorite player.
    Last edited by millers88; 12-09-2017 at 10:34 PM.

Great performance tonight, first half once we got into our rhythm we were amazing. Second half we obviously took our foot off the gas a tad and no doubt they'd had a severe b***ocking from their manager. We had a few hairy moments but rode it out well and Frecks getting his hat trick was well deserved and rounded off a brilliant night.

Taylor was brilliant, Williams did some good stuff. Towell looked good also and Potter, well I think he's our quiet assassin. You don't really notice him but he's so composed, playing good stuff. Nothing fancy or extravagent but always effective.

Both full backs in different ways got the shirts for next game. Warney JCH what's the problem? Didn't matter tonight but Moore you can only go to the well so many times. Frecks well done but even you would admit it wasn't the toughest of opposition. Bradford away totally different. Forde got on again while Bray can't get a look in & Bailey-King gets loaned out again. My thoughts.

Hi Perigord,
    I was one that said rest Freckers & save him for Saturday v Bradford City. Indifferent form so far from Lee, just glad Paul Warne picks the team & not me.
    Freckers is my favourite player, I've followed his career from his younger days....& yes I know I've mentioned that fact before lol.
    When Frecks plays well we play well.
    Blew Walsall away 1st half, Frecks 1st goal was worth the admission charge alone.
    Should be a cracking game Saturday.
    Last edited by Casper64Frank; 12-09-2017 at 11:16 PM.

Get something at Bradford City, and I think we could realistic top 6 candidates. Early days yet.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    I agree to a point roly, when Kiefer went off and Ball came on we played in the same way, and Ball isn't Moore and struggled to hold the ball up in the same way, we should've gone 4 3 3 to link the play to feet when the change was made, in my opinion. Great to see the lads enjoying their game though, and great to walk out of the NYS, again, with a great big smile on my face....oh, and where'd Brin when you wanna rub it in about Freck's...
    I'm here MMM 😄
    Great to see frecklington pull his finger out for once 😉 Sublime first goal and a true Captains performance tonight been a long time coming. Credit where it's due 👍

Slow first ten minutes where we were at 6's and 7's but the first worldie settled us down and then we pressed on.

Great all round team performance but stand outs tonight for me were Mattock, Vaulks a solid performance from them both. Potter and Frecklington along with Williams and Taylor made the midfield tick over nicely.

Rodak looked confident what little he had to do and a special mention to Towell who buzzed all night. Wood as solid as ever.

Hope Moore is ok for Satuday as the lads are well and truly gelling well now.

Great result up to 9th bring it on!

Great match, great result, however........we gave the ball away too many times with misplaced passes.

Goal scorer for Walsall should have been sent off way before he scored.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Both full backs in different ways got the shirts for next game. Warney JCH what's the problem? Didn't matter tonight but Moore you can only go to the well so many times. Frecks well done but even you would admit it wasn't the toughest of opposition. Bradford away totally different. Forde got on again while Bray can't get a look in & Bailey-King gets loaned out again. My thoughts.
    Gwru we won5-1 what's up with you after last season just enjoy it.
    It doesn't matter who's playing we're winning and that's what's important.

Great win again Frecklington what can I say I thought mattock who I've criticised in the past was brilliant

A draw on Saturday would be a good point.

UTM

Not much to add about individual performances. Everybody was pretty composed and acquitted themselves with great flair and professionalism. My overriding observation is that while we have frequently conceded three goals within the space of three days in recent seasons, how often have we scored eight within the same period?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast