+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Players in the press

Players in the press

I know they can't help but give banal answers to the never changing banal questions and continually trot out the same old cliches but it dosent stop me wanting them to stop.

Saying it's all gonna click soon and regurgitating guff about one of the best squads in the league is fooling no one.

We have (I think, I was more certain 3 or 4 weeks ago) better individual players than last season but until McCann gets them working as a team it will count for hee haw.

Before anyone asks what do you want them to

(****ing pressed wrong button lol) say I would go for either not much or an acknowledgement that performances in the league have ranged from barely adequate to very poor and we know it's got to improve.

Players and managers talking crap to the press is my pet hate as well

Again like you I think we have better creative players but we must get the defence sorted out pronto

Once our defenders are all back I'd have odea and the Bulgarian as our first choice.

When I seen team on Saturday I knew we were f*cked, I'd have played Meekings and the Spaniard, all the nonsense about young lads having done well, that doesn't get you results at places like ibrox, McCann should have thanked them for last few weeks, explained their time would come again and played experienced defenders, loyalty won't keep him his job, or get us of the bottom

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    When I seen team on Saturday I knew we were f*cked, I'd have played Meekings and the Spaniard, all the nonsense about young lads having done well, that doesn't get you results at places like ibrox, McCann should have thanked them for last few weeks, explained their time would come again and played experienced defenders, loyalty won't keep him his job, or get us of the bottom
    I didn't understand the original selection either. as for getting quotes from the players it doesn't work in a PR sense or in a team building sense, IMO. Would much rather have a more detailed report about the injury list, even keeping names in the frame will help those players who are working their way back to full fitness, and I'd far rather read stories about the players attending hospital to boost a supporter who is ill, or attend schools where football is actually being played etc. Presenting themselves as part of the local community, and showing themselves as responsible adults will do far more to boost the reputation of the Dee's than spouting the same routine phrases every week.

The club needs a proper professional PR function rather than the same old quotes from the players format. The press is tired of it the players are tired of it and I'm pretty sure the supporters are tired of it.

Just wondering if any schools still play football, or is it all privately run local boys clubs?

Quote Originally Posted by Shuntz View Post
    Players and managers talking crap to the press is my pet hate as well

Again like you I think we have better creative players but we must get the defence sorted out pronto

Once our defenders are all back I'd have odea and the Bulgarian as our first choice.
    Agree with the O'Dea and Ghadz as defenders. Think the defenders gotta defend first and foremost. Stopping the opposition scoring is even more ***** when you don't have a strike force that is banging in the goals. It looks as though NM has actually done something about that with Meekings etc but I'd get O'Dea and Ghadz back together as a starting point.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I didn't understand the original selection either. as for getting quotes from the players it doesn't work in a PR sense or in a team building sense, IMO. Would much rather have a more detailed report about the injury list, even keeping names in the frame will help those players who are working their way back to full fitness, and I'd far rather read stories about the players attending hospital to boost a supporter who is ill, or attend schools where football is actually being played etc. Presenting themselves as part of the local community, and showing themselves as responsible adults will do far more to boost the reputation of the Dee's than spouting the same routine phrases every week.

The club needs a proper professional PR function rather than the same old quotes from the players format. The press is tired of it the players are tired of it and I'm pretty sure the supporters are tired of it.
    absolutely SPOT on re PR so so many things we need to do
    ie i may be wrong but are the clu running a fitba school during the tattie holidays as i aint seen anything as of yet

Definitely need to tighten the defence. I would have odea, ghadzalov and meekings starting. We are way too naive and easy to beat. Midfield is soft as well, then their is the striker issue.

I'd like to see Hendry in midfield, he can play a bit football, no scared to take a player or two on, and he has the dig that we're missing

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)