+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What the Derby fans said

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Wait a while ram , possibly your last visit to Oakwell seeing us in that context mate . Change is a coming .
    I had a bet with AnagRam last season when we beat Derby at home in our first home game, and I/we said that our own team would finish higher in the league table.
    Well last nights win for us finally 'levels' that bet and I don't owe him anything anymore. Back of the net eh!!.
    Last edited by Acido; 13-09-2017 at 10:09 PM.

The second coming. Back to the win near enough every home game days from the mid nineties to 2000. Time to regain our place as a comfortable top ten Championship side for starters. Then build gradually.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    The second coming. Back to the win near enough every home game days from the mid nineties to 2000. Time to regain our place as a comfortable top ten Championship side for starters. Then build gradually.
    That would be ace Ponty if we can get back to that level and who knows eh, this squad might be good enough to do that this season.
    Ive always hated the 'punching above our weight at this level' comment and the idea that just staying up in the Champship these days is an achievement.
    Its annoying because I can't disagree with it, but lets hope we're onto something long term here rather than us just yo-yo-ing between the leagues or scrapping to stay up everytime etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    That would be ace Ponty if we can get back to that level and who knows eh, this squad might be good enough to do that this season.
    Ive always hated the 'punching above our weight at this level' comment and the idea that just staying up in the Champship these days is an achievement.
    Its annoying because I can't disagree with it, but lets hope we're onto something long term here rather than us just yo-yo-ing between the leagues or scrapping to stay up everytime etc.
    The whole new era thing needs backing up with bums on seats in my opinion .

18k every home game or maybe more against the well supported clubs .

If this club is to grow pure finance is only half the story and it needs the other half to compliment it by numbers through the turnstiles .

The combination of better finance and bigger gates can drive this thing forward and prospective signings can be courted far easier if this era starts to have legs .

Too many part timers , all mouthy no payee , ; , yoo no f uckee Mesta Lee about now , pay up yoo Tite gets , glorllee boys

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I had a bet with AnagRam last season when we beat Derby at home in our first home game, and I/we said that our own team would finish higher in the league table.
    Well last nights win for us finally 'levels' that bet and I don't owe him anything anymore. Back of the net eh!!.
    How does that work then? Six points and league position still to play for. Winner takes all.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    How does that work then? Six points and league position still to play for. Winner takes all.
    We didn't make a bet for this season did we, I forgot and Im skint anyway.
    We might surprise Tottenham as they will pick a so called weaker side, and its a tie we are definitely looking forward to.
    What do you reckon Derby would have done there if they had beaten us ?.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123