+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreadful dreadful game

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    3 points at home against a team who have beaten everyone before them away from home. Like I said elsewhere Nolan knows what is needed to get out of this division. Frequently in league 2 you need to win ugly. Sooner win ugly than lose fancifully.
    Yes, get out of this bloody division by fair means or foul. Keep this form up and it may force Big Als hand in January. If we do a Curle again and fail to metal the pedal then consolidation it is.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Sorry....but anyone there tonight needs a refund

3 Points in the bag....I get it....but I wish I'd watched Barca v Juve.......dreadful

Totally disagree with you on this one mate...conditions were bad...rain and strong winds but from our view in the Pavis stand Notts played some good footy at times as did Swindon.
    The new lads brought in tonight Tootle/Dicko/Forte/Alessandra and Milsom all did well...but the whole team worked so hard and fought for every single ball/tackle and pass...they thoroughly deserved the standing ovation at the end of the game and I enjoyed the game as I am sure many more did(maybe I am easily pleased)?lol
    Perhaps on the TV it didn't look great but sat in the stands watching the team work their socks off and playing some neat passes/football at times in very difficult conditions was blooming great youth!
    Onwards and upwards!
    Last edited by POSTYPIE; 12-09-2017 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    You know what, I really enjoyed it. Dogged, determined, but the conditions didn't really allow for anything else. Once we got in front, you just knew we were gonna win.
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Yes, get out of this bloody division by fair means or foul. Keep this form up and it may force Big Als hand in January. If we do a Curle again and fail to metal the pedal then consolidation it is.
    Pretty clear we need more strike power but you dont bring a decent striker in January other than a loanee. Let's hope that is not our achiles heel.

You know what, I really enjoyed it. Dogged, determined, but the conditions didn't really allow for anything else. Once we got in front, you just knew we were gonna win.
    So winning is everything Gumps?......what about a bit of finesse?....style?......he benched our two best players and I don't understand why?.....they weren't injured I know that

I know I'm gonna get slated, but 2 shots on target, at home is a joke.....and we scored from a penno, wow

I hope it's better on Saturday.....that's all

When is the last time we could say that eh Gumpy .... bloody great start to the season and as already said I would take boring scrappy 1-0 wins over entertaining 3-3 draws.. anything to get us out of this division

After last season I also enjoyed it . Swindon knocked it about well but never looked like scoring and I think we could have had 2 or 3 more in the 2nd half . Tootle defo MOTM match and I never thought I would say Dickinson and good game in the same sentence !

Quote Originally Posted by POSTYPIE View Post
    Totally disagree with you on this one mate...conditions were bad...rain and strong winds but from our view in the Pavis stand Notts played some good footy at times as did Swindon.
    The new lads brought in tonight Tootle/Dicko/Forte/Alessandra and Milsom all did well...but the whole team worked so hard and fought for every single ball/tackle and pass...they thoroughly deserved the standing ovation at the end of the game and I enjoyed the game as I am sure many more did(maybe I am easily pleased)?lol
    Perhaps on the TV it didn't look great but sat in the stands watching the team work their socks off and playing some neat passes/football at times in very difficult conditions was blooming great youth!
    Onwards and upwards!
    OK Posty, maybe it's me....I'll back off......great 3 points....COYP

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    So winning is everything Gumps?......what about a bit of finesse?....style?......he benched our two best players and I don't understand why?.....they weren't injured I know that

I know I'm gonna get slated, but 2 shots on target, at home is a joke.....and we scored from a penno, wow

I hope it's better on Saturday.....that's all
    We stifled a team with a great away record kept winning kept a clean sheet and rested 5 players. Like I said Nolan knows what he is doing. There will be plenty more games like this tarkers but would you prefer we played well and were mid table like super signingsville Mansfailed? I know what I prefer. You pies!

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    After last season I also enjoyed it . Swindon knocked it about well but never looked like scoring and I think we could have had 2 or 3 more in the 2nd half . Tootle defo MOTM match and I never thought I would say Dickinson and good game in the same sentence !
    Glad you enjoyed it Navy.....it just looked s***e on tv.....off for a beer everyone

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast