+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreadful dreadful game

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Sorry....but anyone there tonight needs a refund

3 Points in the bag....I get it....but I wish I'd watched Barca v Juve.......dreadful
    Muppett, stick to your Goat Herding.😲

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    To boost my post count I'll just say I agree with what most on here have said about last night match, apart from Tarks of course...Good result to celebrate my birthday down the match, oh and Tarks I did sit near a female paramedic last night like you suggested in the Sheridan thread, and boy was I glad I didn't need her to give me mouth to mouth..
    Brilliant Happy birthday Wedgie

I can only echo the other comments from people that were at the game in person. I will give Tarkers the benefit of the doubt and assume it perhaps looked a bit different on TV, but that was the best performance of the season so far for me, against a side who had just beaten the favourites 3-0 away and will probably be there or thereabouts themselves come May.

Slowish start, bit once Notts clicked into gear I thought we were by far the better side and thoroughly deserved the win. And it wasn't all kick and rush either, Forte, Hawkridge and especially Allesandra showed some nice skill in the final third, and with a bit more luck the win would have been more emphatic. And like others have mentioned, the battling was tremendous to a man. Place was buzzing at the end - can guarantee no-one there walked out shaking their heads saying 'Well, that was an awful game.'

COYP!

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Unfortunately there's still an element on here ( and somewhere else ) that want to see AH+KN fail, constant criticism, and an agenda to see AH+KN fail even more than the Trews did a very sad state of affairs. As others have said we are light years ahead in terms of football, manager and owner that have graced the lane in recent years.
    Complete rubbish Kels....I have no reason to want AH/KN to fail.....I called the game as I saw it, nothing more than that....the King is Dead...Long Live the King is my motto.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I get it......let's get out of this league etc, but who honestly wants to pay £24 to watch that.....2 shots on target??.....it's awful viewing
    Oh for God's sake, stop your whinging

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Players in unfamiliar positions?
    With Toots back, there were 5 changes from the last game, so yes, 5 changes is 5 players in 5 different positions....so, to me, they were unfamiliar

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    To boost my post count I'll just say I agree with what most on here have said about last night match, apart from Tarks of course...Good result to celebrate my birthday down the match, oh and Tarks I did sit near a female paramedic last night like you suggested in the Sheridan thread, and boy was I glad I didn't need her to give me mouth to mouth..
    Glad you had a great birthday.....bring back the Hooters girls I say.....and get them to sit near you for next game.....yum yum

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Muppett, stick to your Goat Herding.��
    Dear Bridg4d,
    Your comment has been passed to the Tarkers Complaint Department and placed in the "Action Pending" tray where it will be given the consideration it deserves.
    This is an Automated Reply Service so please do NOT reply
    Yours Sincerely
    San Luis Mountain Goat-Herding Society

When I saw this post I thought the OP was on a windup. Then I saw that he watched the match on a computer in Mexico, with poor reception/bandwidth. This is not the way to form a balanced judgement of how the game really panned out.

In the cold and wet, under the lights, with lots of passion on and off the pitch, this was a thoroughly gripping and entertaining game to watch. For sure we certainly aren't Real Madrid - hahaha - but we will give anyone a game in this division, something that couldn't be said for many Notts teams over the last 15 or so years.

Quote Originally Posted by karl wheatly View Post
    When I saw this post I thought the OP was on a windup. Then I saw that he watched the match on a computer in Mexico, with poor reception/bandwidth. This is not the way to form a balanced judgement of how the game really panned out.

In the cold and wet, under the lights, with lots of passion on and off the pitch, this was a thoroughly gripping and entertaining game to watch. For sure we certainly aren't Real Madrid - hahaha - but we will give anyone a game in this division, something that couldn't be said for many Notts teams over the last 15 or so years.
    On balance, I think I've called all the other matches about right....even the Port Vale game that wasn't the most fluid game I've ever watched and where we "battled" for the points.

Judging by the majority of remarks, I may have called this one wrong....c'est la vie

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast