+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Well done Blades

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Sounds like Blackman came of age tonight. Confidence is a wonderful thing especially between the sticks. He obviously didn't get their young player of the season for nothing.
    I know in the Brentford game Jamal made 2 or 3 gr8 saves but i think last night was his best game in a BLADES shirt.He came for and got alot of crosses,which takes a bit of pressure off the defence,well done Jamal lad.It'll be interestin to see if CCV keeps his place for Satdi.UTCB

I know Sunderland and Bolton haven't been the sternest tests, but we've passed them both with flying colours. Great results, and the season is shaping up nicely. Doesn't look like we're relegation fodder after all.

Sounds like Blackman came of age tonight. Confidence is a wonderful thing especially between the sticks. He obviously didn't get their young player of the season for nothing.
    Listening to CW it sounds like he was given specific instructions and he carried them out to the letter while ever he is in this form I will change my opinion and say he keeps the jersey for now luckily it's not my decision to make but I know chris won't shy away from making it no matter how difficult it may be

Jamal's going great but he's not ours and never will be - so don't want to get too reliant on him IMHO - short term pain, long term gain

At the risk of wizzing on the mass love in, are we not over exaggerating last night's result/performance? I'm as happy as anyone for last night's win, but mainly because I think we were very poor and still snatched the victory. Good trait to have in a successful team.

But, Bolton were shockingly poor from start to finish yet second half we allowed them to control the game and we offered nothing going forward save for the Lundstram chance at the end on the counter when Bolton finally threw more forward. There's a reason Wilder said after the game that it could have gone either way the result.

Call Bolton a hoof team all you like but its all we did second half.

Wheater never cleared anything off the line, it was a soft lofted cross from Lafferty that wasn't heading towards goal.

A lot of people complaining about the ref. I actually thought he was pretty even with letting a lot go from both sides. Some refs would have easily sent off Lafferty for scything down their wide man second half. Speaking of Lafferty, think he's really coming up short at this level.

One praise I wouldn't temper at all is that of Blackman, came for and secured every single cross even when there were 1, 2, 3, 4 bodies in his way.

Now, bring on the abuse!

Quote Originally Posted by GuancheBlade View Post
    At the risk of wizzing on the mass love in, are we not over exaggerating last night's result/performance? I'm as happy as anyone for last night's win, but mainly because I think we were very poor and still snatched the victory. Good trait to have in a successful team.

But, Bolton were shockingly poor from start to finish yet second half we allowed them to control the game and we offered nothing going forward save for the Lundstram chance at the end on the counter when Bolton finally threw more forward. There's a reason Wilder said after the game that it could have gone either way the result.

Wheater never cleared anything off the line, it was a soft lofted cross from Lafferty that wasn't heading towards goal.

A lot of people complaining about the ref. I actually thought he was pretty even with letting a lot go from both sides. Some refs would have easily sent off Lafferty for scything down their wide man second half. Speaking of Lafferty, think he's really coming up short at this level.

One praise I wouldn't temper at all is that of Blackman, came for and secured every single cross even when there were 1, 2, 3, 4 bodies in his way.

Now, bring on the abuse!
    It sounded a miserable game on the radio Guanche - but let's face it, going away to Bolton on a wet and windy Tuesday night is never going to be fun. Think we should just be happy we got the 3 points and not read too much into the performance.

Now, bring on the abuse!
    Soz to disapoint ya fella,but tha'll get no abuse from me.It was a good win(all wins are)in my view,some said Barnsley were poor after we beat them,the next game they won 3-0,sometimes i think we don't give our lads enuff credit for makin the oppo's look poor.4 changes and still won,it'll do for me,In my opinion Enda is better than Lafferty but i think Lafferty's ok,I hope The DON's fit for Satdi.UTCB

Now, bring on the abuse!
    https://www.sufc.co.uk/news/2017/sep...lton-reaction/

Now, bring on the abuse!
    Nah sod it, we're too good at putting ourselves down even when things are going well and then self-destructing when they're not. I'm going to celebrate every win no matter who it's against and how we got it, just like most other clubs' fans do. Football is about winning, Pigs would have done a lap of honour.

Nah sod it, we're too good at putting ourselves down even when things are going well and then self-destructing when they're not. I'm going to celebrate every win no matter who it's against and how we got it, just like most other clubs' fans do. Football is about winning, Pigs would have done a lap of honour.
    If Wilders 'appeh so am I.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast