+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Match report/ratings from a wet night in S****horpe

  1. #1

    Match report/ratings from a wet night in S****horpe

    A scrappy game to match the conditions
    On the whole we were fortunate to leave with all the points a draw would of been fairer
    However defensively we were very good especially caddis also Raya was strong and looks to be a top keeper in the making.

    Ratings:
    Raya a strong performance 7
    Caddis defensively good 8
    Ward good second half not a great first 6
    Mulgrew good to have back very strong 7
    Williams had to babysit a out of position Harper and got caught out several times 5
    Harper poor and out of position 4
    Smallwood good again 8
    Evans strong in defending 7
    Bennett some decent crosses and tried constantly 7
    Antonsson did ok gor the crucial goal 7
    Samuel not great and maybe needs a talking to he isn't a world beater so should stop thinking he is 5

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    A scrappy game to match the conditions
    On the whole we were fortunate to leave with all the points a draw would of been fairer
    However defensively we were very good especially caddis also Raya was strong and looks to be a top keeper in the making.

    Ratings:
    Raya a strong performance 7
    Caddis defensively good 8
    Ward good second half not a great first 6
    Mulgrew good to have back very strong 7
    Williams had to babysit a out of position Harper and got caught out several times 5
    Harper poor and out of position 4
    Smallwood good again 8
    Evans strong in defending 7
    Bennett some decent crosses and tried constantly 7
    Antonsson did ok gor the crucial goal 7
    Samuel not great and maybe needs a talking to he isn't a world beater so should stop thinking he is 5
    Thanks, Robin. How did Dack look in the second half?

  3. #3
    Deeply disappointing to be dominated by any side in this league. Its a win in the end, but if it'd had have been the defeat statistics suggest it should have been, questions would have to be asked of our manager again.

    MUST DO BETTER.

  4. #4
    Saxo we will look back on this game if we are to get promoted
    S****horpe was unbeaten this season and had a pretty good record last season at home so it was never going to be easy add the awful conditions preventing any sort of play on the ground this was a good win
    Aucks dack was great when he came on and the team relaxed into their game also Chapman was great when he came on albeit a bit late in the day
    I would almost consider a complete change to the left on Saturday I would start both hart and Chapman.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Saxo we will look back on this game if we are to get promoted
    S****horpe was unbeaten this season and had a pretty good record last season at home so it was never going to be easy add the awful conditions preventing any sort of play on the ground this was a good win
    Aucks dack was great when he came on and the team relaxed into their game also Chapman was great when he came on albeit a bit late in the day
    I would almost consider a complete change to the left on Saturday I would start both hart and Chapman.

    Thanks Robin. At least we get one honest, balanced view on how things are going.
    We have just won 4 on the bounce, without our best player for a few of those. 3 away games and no goals conceded. and going forward we are sharing out the goals, but Samuel is class, and will get over 20.
    And yet a quick read (not you Robin and Auks) on here, we have Bob talking about how great Paul Lambert (the out of work paul lambert) and ManU games 10 years ago, and Saxo wanting us to dominate for 90 mins. Not the fact its the best run in over a decade, or a makeshift defence not conceding in 3 away games. Not the bags of goals we are scoring. Not the excellent signings, not the fact the manager identified what was going wrong (after 2 games) .....

    ...nope its Paul Lambert, old games vrs Man, Bob telling me it was MOWBRAY who TOOK US DOWN!!!! (still getting head around that one) and Saxo demanding we dominate every single match aswell as win!!
    I'm glad it took me 20 painful mins to post this on this joke of a website.

    While I'm here, hi hope your all ok. Enjoy the season, it will be a good one.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Thanks Robin. At least we get one honest, balanced view on how things are going.
    We have just won 4 on the bounce, without our best player for a few of those. 3 away games and no goals conceded. and going forward we are sharing out the goals, but Samuel is class, and will get over 20.
    And yet a quick read (not you Robin and Auks) on here, we have Bob talking about how great Paul Lambert (the out of work paul lambert) and ManU games 10 years ago, and Saxo wanting us to dominate for 90 mins. Not the fact its the best run in over a decade, or a makeshift defence not conceding in 3 away games. Not the bags of goals we are scoring. Not the excellent signings, not the fact the manager identified what was going wrong (after 2 games) .....

    ...nope its Paul Lambert, old games vrs Man, Bob telling me it was MOWBRAY who TOOK US DOWN!!!! (still getting head around that one) and Saxo demanding we dominate every single match aswell as win!!
    I'm glad it took me 20 painful mins to post this on this joke of a website.

    While I'm here, hi hope your all ok. Enjoy the season, it will be a good one.
    Weirdly, Champs, I'm having FEWER website problems at the moment.
    I generally tend to the glass-half-full side, anyway - even though I officially qualified for Grumpy Old Man status last Sunday!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •