+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Fizzy

The Fizzy

Is so easy a pub team could win it said C.Dick from Pennywell.
    S.Bruce from Birmingham who will play Widow Tw ankey in panto at Xmas agreed saying it will be a doddle.
    Mr Wynn Dupp from Peterborough said you will get promoted if you attack attack attack.
    Robert Shaw a Hurricane pilot in the Battle of Britain film agreed with Wynn and repeated same.
    Last edited by sherwoodmag; 13-09-2017 at 06:37 AM.

At one point near the end of last season, some deluded Mackem said that we were going to lose a 'one horse race'. Of course we went on to win the race but have you ever heard a more 'clutching at straws' comment when your rival is doing well?

So come on Mackems is the Fizzy a sh*t league or not? (either answer will do).

I did see one amusing comment on RTG yesterday. One of their posters was saying not to boo their players because itīs not their fault, it's just that theyīre not good enough. He said that booing them is a bit like 'booing a horse cos it canīt fly'.

Aye, funny how the tune has changed.

If you're not prepared for a season of battle with what quality you do possess, then you aren't getting promoted.

I've yet to see a single pundit say they'll get promoted.

I've seen one (think it was Sutton) who said they might get play offs but he wasn't convinced.

Yes memories are in short supply when it comes to the Mackems. I was at a leaving do early last year and two of my mackem colleagues were ripping the p*ss out of me and saying that even a three legged donkey could walk that league and still have a leg to spare. I saw them recently and they were more concerned, interestingly enough, with the way Brexit was shaping up, rather than Sunderland's performance in the Fizzy, or so they informed me!

Pity that andyj73 has gone rather red rage against us rather than his usual balanced views! Oh well, we can only hope they can be inspired by our season in the Fizzy (which by the way I enjoyed) and achieve what we did .

Next Leeds or Portsmouth in the making.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)